• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mouse cursor and some dialogs too small on high dpi

B

Boris

Hi,
my window 10 desktop resolution is set to 3000 x 2000.
In GMS 2 prefs the option "Enable DPI override" is _disabled_ (see screenshot).

The whole GMS looks fine except two things:
- the text mouse cursor (inside the code editor) is way to tiny (see screenshots for comparison between the default and the text cursor)
- the sprites inside the sprite selector are too tiny (see screenshot) I can't judge if this is caused by the high resolution of my desktop and if the display of such tiny icons is a bug or a feature. I'm aware I can zoom into the sprite selector but doing this every time is anoying

Attachments

jmakegames

Just necroing this instead of creating a new thread; I can't see your images (broken links), but I too have the tiny mouse cursor issue on a 4K laptop screen. I tried changing the DPI thing but it makes everything else too big - I like the scale of everything else, just the cursors and stuff that become microscopic. Mainly an issue in editors (sprite, code, etc).

Any fix for this? Looks perfect on my 1080p screens.