• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Portfolio - Programming Motivated programmer looking to expand his portfolio

Rtw123321

Hello! My name is Ryan Watkins and my goal is to expand my portfolio. Currently, I have 2-3 years of experience with Gamemaker and would like to expand my knowledge.

My current portfolio is under my Instagram @Infinite_hp

I am extremely motivated and will work through any given task as soon as possible. Although I have a separate full-time job, I will continue working on the project when I'm not on the clock. I'm open to all opportunities given (working low pay will not be a problem) so please let me know what you have in mind. I have more experience in top down shooters and dungeon crawlers, but I will not hesitate to explore outside my comfort zone. I will be willing to communicate to complete the project as desired.

contact via DM or email: [email protected]

O

Otyugra

I'm interested in hiring you, but I have some general questions that seem worthwhile to ask publicly:
  1. How long are you looking to work on a project? Less than a month? Less than a year?
  2. What are your goals, other than expanding your portfolio?
  3. When it comes to payment, what are your expectations? Do you desire to be paid by the hour? If so, is there a minimum dollar per hour? For a random example, if I offered to pay you 4 USD an hour, would that be too low?
  4. Would getting a large percent of the profit, say 25 percent for example, change your mind about question number 3? In other words, would a huge payout at the end make a smaller pay in the meantime more bearable?
  5. What versions of GameMaker do you own and use? (We happen to need someone who still uses GM: Studio 1.4)

Rtw123321

I'm interested in hiring you, but I have some general questions that seem worthwhile to ask publicly:
  1. How long are you looking to work on a project? Less than a month? Less than a year?
  2. What are your goals, other than expanding your portfolio?
  3. When it comes to payment, what are your expectations? Do you desire to be paid by the hour? If so, is there a minimum dollar per hour? For a random example, if I offered to pay you 4 USD an hour, would that be too low?
  4. Would getting a large percent of the profit, say 25 percent for example, change your mind about question number 3? In other words, would a huge payout at the end make a smaller pay in the meantime more bearable?
  5. What versions of GameMaker do you own and use? (We happen to need someone who still uses GM: Studio 1.4)
1. I am willing to work for however long is needed in order to complete a project.
2. My main goal is to develop a career in programming.
3/4. Being paid by the hour would be fine, however my preference is to be paid when the project is finished. Therefore, I would prefer to stick to a project until the end and get a cut of the profits.
5. I currently use GameMaker Studio 2, but I also own and have worked with 1.4, so I am comfortable using this version if need be.