• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Most efficient way of updating a large number of sprite assets

This is a potentially silly question, but I haven't figured out a smooth workflow yet.

I make my sprites in an external program (Aseprite) and a lot of the sprites I use are just single decorative elements that go on an Asset layer. I have hundreds of those.

A lot of these assets still get tweaked and changed after having used them in the editor.

Is there an efficient way to replace the sprites in the editor with the new versions?

I tried deleting the old ones and re-importing the new versions, but it removes the old ones from the rooms.

The only way I figured out is opening the old sprite and the new sprite and copy/pasting over the frames, and then deleting the old frame.

Is there a more efficient way for doing this? I'd have to redo this whole process for hundreds of assets each time I do a new art pass over them.

Thanks!

[Edit] I'm using GameMaker Studio 2.3

Last edited: