Distribution Most effective marketing techniques?

M

mrjonwc

I'm wondering what kind of marketing or promotion techniques are effective or techniques you guys personally have found to work? I heard twitter was a good way to get your game attention but I never owned a twitter account. What has personally worked for you guys? I'm currently working on an iOS game which is free to play and I need ideas for promoting my app.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

Social media is a must but man, thats not even scratching the surface of marketing in the gaming industry. Indie games success is 1/3 marketing, ITS HUGEEEE. PR Marketing, Demos, Trailers, Streamers, Publishers (if you dont mind them), and kickstarter is one good way (not a lot of people think about it) , if you get enough attention and decide to run a kickstarter campaign you will be able to accumulate your own audience for your PR Marketing from your campaign at the same time getting money instead of buying services from PR agencies.

https://equityarcade.com/2016/07/05/a-quick-and-simple-guide-to-indie-game-marketing/

Give that a read to get a lil insight on it but you will need to do a lot of research on Digital Marketing especially in the fresh independent video game industry.

M

Misty

Most effective marketing technique is get lots of money, then spend all that money on advertising.

C

ConsolCWBY

The only thing I ever heard of working was: Create A Need For X. Where X = your product.
Looking at your game name real quick, you could take the angle that without your game, when players DO become zombies, the only ones who will be prepared are those who have played your game.
... :/
I know, lame.
But that's where you come in - like Lonewolff said, get followers and then target them - like the suckers they are!
(I don't mean they're really suckers.. I mean it from a business stand-point... okay, I'll shut up now!) :D