HTML5 MONSTROPOLIS (WIP)

Chaser

Started this project a long time ago for Ludum dare "you are the monster".
i had only really just started with using Gamemaker and knew i wouldn't be able to compete in 72 hours, so just been tinkering with it since along with other stuff.

You control the monsters arms with a mouse click, you can smash the buildings or civilians to destroy them, or grab civilians and eat them to gain health, grab the vehicles to throw at either the buildings or the civilians running around on the floor.

The object of the game is to destroy the buildings, which will take you to the next level, then more waves of civilians and vehicles appear making it harder as you progress through each level.

This is how far i have got, there is still much to do, but thought i would share it anyway.

I am very much still an amateur using Gamemaker but i am thankful to all you guys in the forums that share your helpful tutorials and videos. they have helped me out when i got stuck with understanding some things.

hope you like it!

MonstropolisGame

Chaser

image.png Made a few improvements, and updated the alpha game.

*title screen.
*how to play updated (hopefully it's more understandable).
*man running, captured, throw Sprite updated.
*women running, captured, throw Sprite updated.
*police running, captured, throw Sprite updated.
*agent running, captured, throw Sprite updated.
*building rubble Sprite added.
*dust Sprite added.
*monsters mouth opens wider when eating civilians.
*score now added, and a score value accumulates when buildings, vehicles and civilians are hit.
*health added, but this is not operating yet.

NOTE: the level progression has not been implemented yet so the game will run ok until level 6, then it will just keep looping the levels, at this point just press spacebar to start over. :)

https://chasersgaming.itch.io/monstropolis-preview