• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX [UPDATED] Mono 5.18 not supported: "Missing or corrupt GameMaker build tools : 0x4F030001"

D

DanjelRicci

THREAD UPDATED, SEE LAST POST PLEASE.

Finished working yesterday with GMS2, all ran fine, no problems at all. Came back to office this morning, opened GMS2, ran the game, and I got the error. Reinstalled GMS2, same issue.
Running OSX 10.13.6.
Can't run outside the beta channel because I need some HTML5 fixes that are not yet in the main channel, it worked fine until yesterday anyways.
Only thing that changed since yesterday is that I installed a preview version of Visual Studio 2019, but it was the IDE only, no runtimes or dev stuff.

EDIT: i'm trying with other GMS2 runtimes (both IDE and not), but the problem remains. Uninstalling Visual Studio 2019 didn't work. I can't manage to build for HTML too. Neither cleaning the project works.

Log output:
Code:
Saving project to: /Users/DanjelRicci/GameMakerStudio2/Medievalley/MedievalleyTest.yyp
"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono"  /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.2.314/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/9l/fwbtxhm17tn1h59jk7bfq5y80000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff"  -- Mac Run

Loaded Macros from /Users/DanjelRicci/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Medievalle_90931141_CDADE3A3/macros.json
Options: /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.2.314/bin/platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: /Users/DanjelRicci/.config/GameMakerStudio2/support_1604636/local_settings.json
Options: /Users/DanjelRicci/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Medievalle_90931141_CDADE3A3/targetoptions.json
Reading project file..../Users/DanjelRicci/GameMakerStudio2/Medievalley
Reading project file..../Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.2.314/BaseProject
Reading config delta '/Users/DanjelRicci/GameMakerStudio2/Medievalley/options/main/inherited/options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.

Release build
Options: /Users/DanjelRicci/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/Medievalle_90931141_CDADE3A3/PlatformOptions.json
homedir : /Users/DanjelRicci
remote_install_path : /Users/DanjelRicci/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/MedievalleyTest
Missing or corrupt GameMaker build tools : 0x4F030001

elapsed time 00:00:02.8361050s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.2.314/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/9l/fwbtxhm17tn1h59jk7bfq5y80000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff"  -- Mac Run started at 03/15/2019 09:00:30
FAILED: Run Program Complete

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DanjelRicci

Well it looks like Visual Studio 2019 Preview installed something GMS2 didn't like somehow. I reinstalled the Mono runtimes from this page and now it works again.

D

DanjelRicci

09-04-2018 EDIT
Updating the thread because Visual Studio 2019 is out of beta and after checking what's going on, looks like the problem is that GM2 doesn't support Mono 5.18 framework (which is lower than the mandatory version for Visual Studio 2019). Please note 5.18 is not the last version.

This is an annoying situation because I need to use both GM2 and Visual Studio for other stuff, so they need to coexist. My current solution is to keep both the Mono installers for 5.16 and 5.x (latest), and whenever I need to work with GM2 or else, I install the version that works... Couple times a day at least.

Any planned update to fix Mono support? Or maybe just a selector in GM2 for what Mono version to use since the previous frameworks are still installed, but GM2 seems to only fetch the last one?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

abizz

Well it looks like Visual Studio 2019 Preview installed something GMS2 didn't like somehow. I reinstalled the Mono runtimes from this page and now it works again.
OMG thanks dude, i had same problem and was driving me insane trying to find a fix. Reinstalling mono did the trick :)

D

DanjelRicci

Update: IDE v2.2.2.413, runtime 2.2.2.326, running on OSX 10.14.5, won't compile and run the game using the recommended Mono runtime on this page.

chorrus

Update: IDE v2.2.2.413, runtime 2.2.2.326, running on OSX 10.14.5, won't compile and run the game using the recommended Mono runtime on this page.
Keep compiling it eventually somewhy works and once it works once it will always work(until you close Game Maker) But yeah it is super frustrating, I think they haven't prepared Game Maker for MacOS Mojave yet, kind of our fault for updating too soon but damn this should be Mojave compatible...

E

Elderoy

I'm currently having the exact same issue since Visual Studio auto-updated... Thanks a lot for the fix, but yeah I'm also using Unity so it would be great to have both of the engines coexist