Released [Mobile|Web] Klee: Spacetime Cleaners | Auto-shooting Arcade Platformer

chirpy

Game Information:
https://noice2d.com/klee/

Screen GIF:

Thanks for kind moderators who helped me added the screen gif. :oops: Or did I just forget that I added it?

#### iOS Tester Needed ####

So my game's in alpha almost ready to open beta and release, but I'm stuck in iOS app review process. The app review team just doesn't seem to be able to access my IAP product info for some reason. I don't yet have remote logging built into the binary, so I'm here hoping someone can kindly help me grab a console log from Xcode. The process name is "gunner0".

Main thing to test for:
- Launch the game and check whether there's a plus sign showed up on the top-left corner of the game's cover screen. If not, please send me your device's console log if you know how to get one from Xcode.

For anyone who's interested in helping, here's a TestFlight public link:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/Kl9XmmKn

Note:
- The app contains ads; they're limited to test ads at the moment, and the IAPs sandboxed.
- The number of seats are limited; let me know if it's full and you're still interested in playtesting.

Last edited:

chirpy

Thanks again for kind moderators who helped me added the screen gif. :oops: I probably did not just forget that I added it right?

Here's my trailer!

Klee is the protagonist's name, it rhymes with glee (or so my partner and I thought).

============

Android open beta went alive just now. :confused: I probably asked too much for iOS testers so here's the open link for android!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noice2d.klee

----> Note: it contains live ads (nothing compulsory though). <----

Also there's an ad-free mobile-friendly playable html5 demo available on:
https://noice2d.com/klee

============

I'd love to add more info but I totally overworked .. and yet you always find a bunch of more bugs when a build is rolled out!!
Scheduled release date is Jan 09 2020.

[Edit: the link I added last night was for alpha it seems. https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noice2d.klee (alpha test opt-in)]

Last edited:

chirpy

Status update:
- My iOS in-app purchases had been approved. Although it was followed by Xcode 11.2 issues I'm pretty happy. :D
- We made a through balance change to reflect beta player feedbacks (released to android beta 0.5.7 just now). Hopefully things would feel more smooth=welcoming now.
- Many game-blocking bugs are fixed. Still investigating why it takes so long to close an ad and come back into game, but it should be more stable now.

Come join our space-time cleaners crew?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noice2d.klee

Toque

Testing iOS today. Will give you a report soon.

(edit)
A few hours of testing.
So sent some thoughts about the game. Fun little game. I really like it.

I am seeing an jump hight limit in certain spots on certain levels. I have sent you a PM that shows what I mean. Im not sure its by design. It seems odd to randomly restrict the jump height in certain positions...........

The adds are showing. there was no delay to close and get back to game.

Had fun testing. I hope my thoughts help.

pm sent with pics and thoughts.

Toque.

Last edited:

Toque

Played some more. A few thoughts.
There are lots of little icons. Some are obvious but some no clue what they are about. A list somewhere would be helpful.

like the symbols under the chapters button. What do those mean? The horseshoe magnet?? Etc.

Edit: I like that there is number of chapters!!

chapters but no story. Why am I doing any of this? Why do I care? Even a tiny story would help. Some progression. Some goal to an end. Even numbers to show advancement of levels. Maybe different worlds.

but I really like it. I thought what it was too fast at start but I got used to it quite fast. Controls are fine.

more variety in levels would be fun. More variety in enemies.
A boss enemy would cool.

Edit Ok looking at your post on forum. There is lots of variety in posted examples. There even looks like a boss level. I will have to keep playing to see them). Haha.

edit. Edit. Ok I can only get to level 7. So I probably just suck at this game. Will try different power ups. Maybe figure out how I can get more lives. Will probably spend another hour on it then give up. I really wanted to see the boss level. I hope your other testers are more competent than I. Haha

if you want me to test for bugs on higher chapters then you would have to share the cheat to jump test those levels

Fun game
Toque.

Last edited:

chirpy

@Toque
Thanks for all your honest feedback and kind words. We added a new tutorial to hopefully explain a bunch of things more clearly (coming v0.6.1 in open beta).:)
Making the protagonist move fast was a silly design decision we made since the beginning of development so that bit's not easily going away though.
I'm now revamping how our item unlock works so it should be more clear. More balance changes will come later.

All these plus all kinds of crash and freeze bugs, tasks piled up so quickly that it looks like .. still a long long way to go.:rolleyes:

Reactions: frd

Toque

@Toque
Thanks for all your honest feedback and kind words. We added a new tutorial to hopefully explain a bunch of things more clearly (coming v0.6.1 in open beta).:)
Making the protagonist move fast was a silly design decision we made since the beginning of development so that bit's not easily going away though.
I'm now revamping how our item unlock works so it should be more clear. More balance changes will come later.

All these plus all kinds of crash and freeze bugs, tasks piled up so quickly that it looks like .. still a long long way to go.:rolleyes:

Cant wait to test the update. This is a really really fun game.

chirpy

I got overwhelmed and totally forgot to mention here in the forums that the game is in fact released. (Thanks Toque for the reminder)

We got featured in new games categories worldwide.:) It may not be a perfect game but I'm very proud.
Game sadly had a terrible control bug at release week and probably caused my pre-registrations to evaporate and converted terribly.

====

Now I'm working on getting cloud save .. is it a well-known fact not to rely on android emulators for testing?
I spent a ton of time scratching my head not knowing whether I had issues signing in, or saving metadata -- now it looks like it was all emulators' fault. (Anyway it's working, majority of the time)

Toque

Congrats on the feature!! (I did predict that). I wouldn’t be surprised if GM places it in their featured games.
Great game.