• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Mobile ui visibility clock and notification bar flags

kupo15

Does anyone know the flags to keep the top UI bar visible for apps? The following works well to keep the android navigation bar at the bottom visible but the top one with the clock and notification bar stays hidden

Code:
/// for android nav bar at bottom
var flags = 1024|4096;
display_set_ui_visibility(flags);

rIKmAN

Hmm not sure without testing myself, but there are a lot of flags in the page linked in the docs so you might have to to start digging through that for related terms and doing a bit of trial and error along with some Googling to find the right combo.

I believe the default behaviour is to have the status bar showing, so I guess GMS2 turns it off automatically - just need to find the right combo of flags to get it turned back on.

Did you try the flag on it's own just to see if it makes any difference, even though it shouldn't.
I'd even try calling it in a Step Event just to see if that worked in case GMS2 is negating it somehow behind the scenes (again it shouldn't, but trial and error is trial and error!)

kupo15

Hmm not sure without testing myself, but there are a lot of flags in the page linked in the docs so you might have to to start digging through that for related terms and doing a bit of trial and error along with some Googling to find the right combo.

I believe the default behaviour is to have the status bar showing, so I guess GMS2 turns it off automatically - just need to find the right combo of flags to get it turned back on.

Did you try the flag on it's own just to see if it makes any difference, even though it shouldn't.
I'd even try calling it in a Step Event just to see if that worked in case GMS2 is negating it somehow behind the scenes (again it shouldn't, but trial and error is trial and error!)
Thanks, I guess I'll have to give things testing. The android nav bar flag doesn't require a step event so I doubt any other flag will