• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Mobile debug output + one step of implementation of Android IAP problem

R

relycan

Hi, I'm working on mobile app and I have two problems that neither Google nor the manual helped me:

1) First is probably trivial, it's about Admob and mobile debug output. I need a deviceID for a function GoogleMobileAds_UseTestAds(use_test_ads, deviceID), but this variable is (by Google Mobile Ads Manual) from "debug output". It's probably simple show_debug_message output, but I can't see anything. I tried the classic show_debug_message("test"), but it did not show me anything when I was testing on my mobile phone (via cable). Is this normal behavior? How do I view the debug output on Android and not only in Windows 10? Breakpoints works fine during debugging, but output not.

2) It's about IAP. I have followed this manual: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031457831-Android-Google-Play-Billing-IAPs- . I probably miss the last step to success. The big problem came when I tested implementation of purchasing a product. I didn't get any asynchronous response from Google API. so the switch branch named "case gpb_iap_receipt" was not performed at all.

Anyone please know what to do? These are probably the last two things before my application was released.

chirpy

1) If you're running an app directly from your device (not launched from GMS2 run), use "adb logcat" to see the logs in a terminal (cmd). "adb logcat -c" clears the cache. You may need to find where adb is located on your computer and cd to it, or set the system environment lookup path.

2) Hopefully the logs showed some hints; otherwise there are a lot of things happening under the hood so it's hard to guess. Some first things to check are:
- Have you uploaded your apk to a closed alpha track in Google Play Console?
- Have you added licensed testers to Google Play Console?

Good luck finishing the IAP implementation.

R

relycan

Thanks a lot.
1) If you're running an app directly from your device (not launched from GMS2 run), use "adb logcat" to see the logs in a terminal (cmd). "adb logcat -c" clears the cache. You may need to find where adb is located on your computer and cd to it, or set the system environment lookup path.

2) Hopefully the logs showed some hints; otherwise there are a lot of things happening under the hood so it's hard to guess. Some first things to check are:
- Have you uploaded your apk to a closed alpha track in Google Play Console?
- Have you added licensed testers to Google Play Console?

Good luck finishing the IAP implementation.
Thank you very much, that's exactly why it doesn't work - my alpha version is still pending on approval and I read about the logcat just before I went to bed yesterday (but I haven't tested it yet :) ).