• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Design Mixing Raster Graphic Characters with Vector Art Backgrounds and Objects

So as the title says, would this be fine? Vector art backgrounds and objects and raster graphic characters?

I am only using vector art for backgrounds and objects because it is easy and is something that I can do myself as well as it saves me money for not paying for an artist to draw them.

I have an artist drawing me the characters in Photoshop in raster.

Will the 2 arts work together or is it generally better to stick with one?

Niels

I'm making a bitmap game, and for plot reasons there is a huge statue in my game which I made as a vector image (to save on the texture pages). At the moment I haven't experienced anything wrong with it.

I'm making a bitmap game, and for plot reasons there is a huge statue in my game which I made as a vector image (to save on the texture pages). At the moment I haven't experienced anything wrong with it.
Alright, awesome. I will try and put them together and see how it goes. Thanks! ;)