• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 mixed sprites on HTML5 export (tried everything....)

Ruimm

Hi all
I'm trying to run my HTML5 game and everything was fine up until a couple days ago when all the sprites started appearing mixed...
I already read that this happens sometimes but all the solutions that where presented don't seem to work from me,,
I've tried cleaning the cache (the broom button), compiling in debug, restarting GM:S2, etc, running with different browsers, etc... nothing seems to work. How can I fix this?
I'm on a 2015 13" Macbook Pro with runtime 2.1.1.158

Thanks

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Try clearing all the cache folders from the Prefs > General > Paths window. There are some buttons there that will clean everything.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
This happened with several of the HTML5 games I tried porting to GMS2. This issue could be more common than it seems.

Coded Games

Clean the project with the brush button in GMS 2 and make sure to empty the cache in your browser. I get this happening basically every time I add a sprite or change texture pages around.

I had this problem a ton even when using GMS 1.4 so it’s not a problem exclusive to GMS 2.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
This should have been fixed - especially in GMS2. If you can get reproduce this reliably can you file a bug along with the step-by-step sequence?

R

Reventador

This should have been fixed - especially in GMS2. If you can get reproduce this reliably can you file a bug along with the step-by-step sequence?
I am still getting this on the HTML5 export - mainly when uploading different builds of an HTML5 game to my server - the clients that have already played the game have the JS and game files cached.
Is there a way in GM to change the ?ver=1234 so HTML browsers are forced to load new assets if the game is a new build?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I am still getting this on the HTML5 export - mainly when uploading different builds of an HTML5 game to my server - the clients that have already played the game have the JS and game files cached.
Is there a way in GM to change the ?ver=1234 so HTML browsers are forced to load new assets if the game is a new build?
That should already happen by default if you didn't manually set the index.html. If you have a custom index.html or you just need to be sure, just open the index.html in a plain text editor and edit the cache-busting suffix yourself. In addition, if you use a CDN or a front-end cache, make sure that is not serving the stale version of anything.