• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Missing touches at room changes

sercan

Hi everyone,
I think i am getting really mad of this problem but i have no idea what may cause this.

I have an object called char,
in global mouse left press event;
gravity=0,5;
vspeed=-7;

so it jumps when i tap screen.

At some points of game char jumps to another room depends on game progress. char is set as persistant. so it should keep jumping without any skip. But somehow sometimes it does not. It just keeps falling. I am not sure but probably this happens at room changing moments.
I tested it with all the same codes for only one room. no mistakes happened. So the problem is room changing. But what may cause this skipping touch? I don't want to believe that it is gamemaker bug because the game is not that complicated. Very simple issue. but no any idea for the problem. Please help.

X

xleonhart

What do you wanna mean with "skipping touch"? Your game is not detecting the mouse when changing rooms?
And what is "global mouse left press event"?

sercan

What do you wanna mean with "skipping touch"? Your game is not detecting the mouse when changing rooms?
And what is "global mouse left press event"?
Yes, it is same on windows with mouse click and finger touch on android.
mouse , global mouse, left press event. It is clear i think.

sercan

Thank you guys i think i have figured out what the problem is.
It is about creation and event orders. Didn't know the orders are important. If you face with similar issue, research something about creation and event orders you will find the answers.