• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Missing/hidden features thread

makas

I was thinking to have a thread where we ask about missing features that were on GMS:1 and are not in the GMS:2, or maybe they work in another way but we cant find them, I saw the manual but I wasnt able to find this particular one, that would be amazing to have now that we have a layer system on the menu editor

In the gamemaker sprite editor there were a way to rotate an sprite at the desire angle, now I only see the 90° rotation, is there any way to free rotate the images, sprites or seleccion?

G

GerPronouncedGrr

There's a manual rotate tool in the sprite editor, but as far as I can tell it's currently non-functional.

makas

There's a manual rotate tool in the sprite editor, but as far as I can tell it's currently non-functional.
Do you mean the brush rotating tool? it works, is just that it rotates on 90° each time you use it, Im talking about a free rotation tool, or at least like it was in gms:1 with the menu option

KurtBlissZ

Well some of the animation tools from the old sprite editor are missing, you can't transform all images for a sprite at the same time, that I'm aware of at least.
Along with some other image and animation effects. I'm not sure if there's buttons to increase and decrease font size in the code editor yet, but the old buttons don't work.

Edit: Really though the only thing that kind of stunk was missing was not being able to transform multiple images at the same time. The other missing things was just something I noticed.

Last edited:
P

PlayLight

I've been eyeing off this little icon for the past few hours.

Can anyone confirm what it is?
support chat or GMC IM system?
a place to order coffee and lunch maybe....

makas

also I cant copy an image or selection from one sprite, open another sprite and paste there, that was pretty handy in gms:1

KurtBlissZ

@makas, well once you copy a selection its saved in your brushes in the sprite editor that carries over, even to different projects. So I say it serves the same use, and better, just a little different though.

If you do just ctrl+c a selection, switch sprite and ctl+v for some reason the transparence turns black though.

makas

@makas, well once you copy a selection its saved in your brushes in the sprite editor that carries over, even to different projects. So I say it serves the same use, and better, just a little different though.

If you do just ctrl+c a selection, switch sprite and ctl+v for some reason the transparence turns black though.
oh you are right, brushes do that, another thing that it was mentioned in another thread that is missing, is the isometric tile support, that is a must for my next project I guess I will stay on GMS:1 for a while...

M

Meek

Can anyone confirm what it is?
support chat or GMC IM system?
a place to order coffee and lunch maybe....
This is linked to a survey I've just received. I imagine it's just a notification centre for when updates are pushed etc.
upload_2016-11-4_15-40-48.pngupload_2016-11-4_15-40-58.png