• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Missing file: libyoyo.a - I can't compile on my android device

F

FighterVIP

Hi :)

I've got a really frustrating issue. I wanted to use my Sony Xperia M5 (android) as a testing device, so according to yoyogames help website I downloaded the newest Android SDK, Android NDK 12b and JDK 8u102. I set up android prefereces and Global settings but unfortunately these two error occur while compiling:

Code:
C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-arm\usr\include\sys/cdefs.h:198:9: note: previous definition is here
#define __pure2 __attribute__((__const__)) /* Android-added: used by FreeBSD libm */
        ^
1 warning generated.
linking libyoyo.so
C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\arm-linux-androideabi\bin\ar: MY_GAME.vars.o: No such file or directory
-g -target armv5te-none-linux-androideabi -Wl,-soname,"C:\Users\FighterVIP\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_22448\gm_ttt_26965\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.so" -shared --sysroot="C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-arm" -Wl,--whole-archive "C:\Users\FighterVIP\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_22448\gm_ttt_26965\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.a" "E:\SteamLibraryWIN7\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\YYC\Android\armv5\lib\libyoyo.a" -Wl,--no-whole-archive "C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\sources\cxx-stl\stlport\libs\armeabi\libstlport_static.a" -L"C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\lib\gcc\arm-linux-androideabi\4.9.x" -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,-z,noexecstack -L"C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-arm\usr/lib" -lGLESv1_CM -ldl -llog -lz -L"E:\SteamLibraryWIN7\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\YYC\Android\armv5\lib" -lc -lm -o "C:\Users\FighterVIP\AppData\Local\h4edngjt.fqb"
clang++.exe: error: no such file or directory: 'C:\Users\FighterVIP\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_22448\gm_ttt_26965\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.a'
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=59573,4074
Stats : GMA : sp=14,au=0,bk=2,pt=0,sc=4,sh=0,fo=2,tl=0,ob=22,ro=3,da=0,ex=1,ma=15,fm=0xA7C0060
Compile finished: 17:21:34
I tried almost EVERYTHING - reinstalling GM and those required for android tools, changing their versions, searching similar situations on the internet (nothing helped), changing devices, cables and now I'm out of ideas. I may say that I'm almost sure that it isn't because of my smartphone, I think that something is wrong with Gamemaker or the android drivers. I also recognized that there is a problem with a thing called libyoyo - do you know what is it exactly? I saw some threads there but as I said - so far nothing helped me.

Here are my settings:

GLOBAL SETTINGS/ANDROID
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_y4nEaqj5yrdFpRcDBxT3EtNGM/view?usp=sharing
ANDROID SDK
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_y4nEaqj5yrY3FYa1k2dHZiT1E/view?usp=sharing

Could you help me? I'm a bit annoyed because I payed for a complete application with license for android and so far I spent about three days on trying to make gamemaker export my game to the smartphone.
Thanks for help! :D

rIKmAN

Try compiling an empty room project.

Try:

Build Tools: 25.0.2
Support Lib: 25.0.0
Target SDK: 25
Min SDK: 9
Compile SDK: 25

F

FighterVIP

Unfortunately, this doesn't help :(
Code:
linking libyoyo.so
C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\arm-linux-androideabi\bin\ar: MY_GAME.o: No such file or directory
-g -target armv5te-none-linux-androideabi -Wl,-soname,"C:\Users\FighterVIP\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_37309\gm_ttt_37718\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.so" -shared --sysroot="C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-arm" -Wl,--whole-archive "C:\Users\FighterVIP\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_37309\gm_ttt_37718\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.a" "E:\SteamLibraryWIN7\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\YYC\Android\armv5\lib\libyoyo.a" -Wl,--no-whole-archive "C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\sources\cxx-stl\stlport\libs\armeabi\libstlport_static.a" -L"C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\lib\gcc\arm-linux-androideabi\4.9.x" -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,-z,noexecstack -L"C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-arm\usr/lib" -lGLESv1_CM -ldl -llog -lz -L"E:\SteamLibraryWIN7\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\YYC\Android\armv5\lib" -lc -lm -o "C:\Users\FighterVIP\AppData\Local\uu2by0ys.e0v"
clang++.exe: error: no such file or directory: 'C:\Users\FighterVIP\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_37309\gm_ttt_37718\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.a'
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=52085,9791
Stats : GMA : sp=14,au=0,bk=2,pt=0,sc=4,sh=0,fo=2,tl=0,ob=22,ro=3,da=0,ex=1,ma=15,fm=0xA7C0060
Compile finished: 09:02:29
Why are these files missing? Where are they? xD
Maybe you know some good tutorials, that are actual and work? Maybe this would help me :/
Or is it possible, that my computer is for example too old or my phone isn't compatible with GM?

F

FighterVIP

WAIT! IT ACTUALLY KINDA WORKED!
I have opened a new project, created a room and started compiling. Game Maker have downloaded something and unpacked it. Almost at the end, it said: "BUILD SUCCESSFUL" so it worked on an empty project but unfortunately later it said:
Code:
* daemon started successfully *
error: no devices/emulators found
CreateTargetExe End: 09:20:05
Compile finished: 09:20:05
So I think that I have more than one problem.
SO: SDK, NDK, JDK - work properly
BUT
there is a PROBLEM with: My game (numbers you gave me helped but only in an empty project - in my game I still receive the same error which is written in above post) AND with my smartphone (The device is probably not properly connected - maybe I'll try using other smartphone).
Any ideas? :D

rIKmAN

You need to download and install the USB drivers for your device.
Make sure USB Debugging and Developer Mode are enabled on your device.

Did you follow the setup guide for Android?
It sounds like you didn't and missed some important steps which are in the guide.

F

FighterVIP

I did follow but it doesn't work for some reason. Maybe there is something wrong with Sony drivers. I'll check this out when I get home. Happy Easter and I'll talk to you after a few days. :)

F

Frotagonist

I'm having the same problem. My error is

clang++.exe: error: no such file or directory: 'C:\Users\Frotagonist\AppData\Local\Temp\gm_ttt_4440\gm_ttt_97988\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.a'

It builds successfully on an empty project but for some reason, it doesn't work with my game. I've done the cleanup tool and still nothing. It can't be related to updating the android build tools since it works on an empty project right? Any help would be greatly appreciated

F

FighterVIP

Ok, I have reinstalled everything (even my Windows 10)! Now, when I'm compiling an almost empty projeckt, I receive this:
Code:
1 warning generated.
linking libyoyo.so
-g -target mipsel-none-linux-android -Wl,-soname,"C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_980\gm_ttt_94556\lib\mips\libyoyo.so" -shared --sysroot="C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-mips" -Wl,--whole-archive "C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_980\gm_ttt_94556\lib\mips\libyoyo.a" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\YYC\Android\mips\lib\libyoyo.a" -Wl,--no-whole-archive "C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\sources\cxx-stl\stlport\libs\mips\libstlport_static.a" -L"C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\toolchains\mipsel-linux-android-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\lib\gcc\mipsel-linux-android\4.9.x" -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,-z,noexecstack -L"C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-mips\usr/lib" -lGLESv1_CM -ldl -llog -lz -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\YYC\Android" -lc -lm -o "C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\enurhyq2.r0k"
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=45735,4413
Stats : GMA : sp=9,au=0,bk=2,pt=0,sc=3,sh=0,fo=1,tl=0,ob=11,ro=3,da=0,ex=1,ma=8,fm=0x48D80060
cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\Damian\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\Lightning sports czwarty zapis\Android_YYC\Default" && Z: && cd \com.companyname.Lightning_sports && "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew"  assembleRelease lint "

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.Lightning_sports'.
> failed to find target with hash string 'android-23' in: C:\android-sdk

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 7.308 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

Lint Build report available at C:\Users\Damian\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\Lightning sports czwarty zapis\Android_YYC\Default/com.companyname.Lightning_sports\build\outputs\lint-results.html
Compile finished: 18:20:49
Any ideas?

F

FighterVIP

No I didn't have but I finally fixed it somehow. This time I installed a whole Android Studio, despite installing just Android SDK Manager. It's easier to manage and now I am able to find all unnecessary files. I found these v23 files and also some other missing. I'm so happy that this works :D Thanks for all your help!

F

FighterVIP

Meh, unfortunately I was too optimistic for a moment. In one of my projects I receive this:
Code:
1 warning generated.
linking libyoyo.so
C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\arm-linux-androideabi\bin\ar: my_game.vars.o: No such file or directory
-g -target armv5te-none-linux-androideabi -Wl,-soname,"C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_59212\gm_ttt_45832\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.so" -shared --sysroot="C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-arm" -Wl,--whole-archive "C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_59212\gm_ttt_45832\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.a" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\YYC\Android\armv5\lib\libyoyo.a" -Wl,--no-whole-archive "C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\sources\cxx-stl\stlport\libs\armeabi\libstlport_static.a" -L"C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\lib\gcc\arm-linux-androideabi\4.9.x" -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,-z,noexecstack -L"C:\android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86_64\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-arm\usr/lib" -lGLESv1_CM -ldl -llog -lz -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\YYC\Android\armv5\lib" -lc -lm -o "C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\fflg44vg.vb3"
clang++.exe: error: no such file or directory: 'C:\Users\Damian\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_59212\gm_ttt_45832\lib\armeabi\libyoyo.a'
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=20973,9751
Compile finished: 20:49:37
Why is this so hard ;-;

F

FighterVIP

Ok now I fixed it. Just had to change mouse_check_button_pressed to device_mouse_check_button_pressed. Now, after reinstalling all requried applications and adjusting code to android export, finally everything works fine. Thank you for help :)