• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Missing blogs and tutorials

Hyomoto

So, when did this culling happen? There are two articles I constantly point people to, Butter Smooth Movement and Introduction to Binary and both of them are apparently no longer being hosted. I can't fault you guys for cleaning up your archives, but man that movement one isn't even that old!

Hyomoto

I ended up pulling them up on the Wayback Machine, but still. Some of those articles were definitely out of date, but it's a treasure trove of historic and educational value. It's just sad to see them go. As for the customer support thing, I'll put in a ticket. I already got a partial answer, apparently the website format changed and updating all of the old articles was not done for one reason or another. As someone who has read them all, it is a weird smattering of preservation. They go back to 2014 but there's only a handful from each year.

Maybe they are getting updated and will return naturally, but I'm still wondering when they went missing.

Voidfyre

I was actually gonna make a post about this and just saw yours.

A lot of tutorials are missing pictures that are crucial for the whole thing to work, and they don't have backups on the Internet Archive / Way Back Machine. Others are completely gone and I never knew their link address so I can't even look them up there.

Did you get any answers? I really need to revisit some.