Ministry of Broadcast [Devlog]

P

Petr Skornok

Let me introduce you our latest title called Ministry of Broadcast, which is currently being developed in Game Maker: Studio 2 for PC & Mac. I will be posting devlogs regularly on our Tumblr page because it enables us to drive the traffic from multiple sources like itch.io and GameJolt to a single place.

Our goal is to share the "behind the scenes" information with you in the upcoming devlogs and Tweets including the tips we have learnt along the way. I hope that sharing the knowledge we have gained will help to those of you struggling at some point.

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and ideas.

Devlogs

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Petr Skornok

Thanks, appreciate that! Could you help us choose the logo? Which one do you like the most?

Logo_v01.jpg

Logo_v04.jpg

P

Petr Skornok

Hahah, I haven't noticed that at all. And now once I saw it, I cannot unsee it anymore.

rIKmAN

Will be keeping an eye on this, really like the art style - good stuff!

PS. I prefer the first one.

JackTurbo

I vote second one for the ministry portion of it, the red acts as an important accent colour and gives the logo much needed contrast.

Although I do prefer the title treatment (The Wall Show) on the first version.

Regardless of which logo you go for this looks super interesting, great work!

P

Petr Skornok

We have received another great feedback from our friend who proposed that squares in the first logo should be spinning, zooming in and out and the shutter inside will be widening and narrowing. I must say that is sounds pretty cool and we are already thinking about using this as a trap/obstacle or a boss inside the game.

Cool interesting project.. the concept kinda reminds me of a "black mirror"episode
Nice, you mean that one where people had to keep riding their bikes to collect the points? I feel like Black Mirror already did most of the "dystopian future" ideas

Niels

We have received another great feedback from our friend who proposed that squares in the first logo should be spinning, zooming in and out and the shutter inside will be widening and narrowing. I must say that is sounds pretty cool and we are already thinking about using this as a trap/obstacle or a boss inside the game.

Nice, you mean that one where people had to keep riding their bikes to collect the points? I feel like Black Mirror already did most of the "dystopian future" ideas
Not really one of the released episodes, but more like it could be a episode:)

P

Petr Skornok

Hey guys, how are you doing? It's just 2 days till Friday, so go ahead and jump! In the upcoming days we will be sharing a new devlog post! ✍

P

Petr Skornok

Hi fellow game makers, our new devlog post on UI and signposting is live on our website.

It's been a while since we've updated this page. Ministry of Broadcast is in veeeeeeery active development and we are posting mainly on Twitter.

You can see and play an early build of the game at the upcoming conference Reboot Develop, is any of you coming? Would be nice to meet another community members.

Peter

P

Petr Skornok

It's alive! (not the game, just the logo, Duh). Earlier we've got a lot of valuable feedback on our game logo and we've finally found a time to make it animated. How do you like it?

P

Petr Skornok

Allright guys, in a few days we are visiting another conference - Game Access 2018 - with alpha version of our game. Hope to see some of you there.

P

Petr Skornok

Yesterday was a big day for us - we've been invited to talk about Ministry of Broadcast in the Czech radio station in Prague. I must say that it was quite an experience and we truly appreciate all the interest that we get from you.

There is a whole new level under development which we will playtest on our next conference called Game Access that starts in a few days. Once the show is over, I will sum up the experience we've had over the couple of previous months and share it here.

Electros

Yesterday was a big day for us - we've been invited to talk about Ministry of Broadcast in the Czech radio station in Prague. I must say that it was quite an experience and we truly appreciate all the interest that we get from you.

There is a whole new level under development which we will playtest on our next conference called Game Access that starts in a few days. Once the show is over, I will sum up the experience we've had over the couple of previous months and share it here.

Excellent spriting and visual style, sir!

Orak

It looks awesome, the artstyle is fantastic! I've been to Brno when it was snowy, everything covered by snow, i love the esthetic of it!
I will definitly follow your work, that's a game i want to play.

P

Petr Skornok

Game Access 2018 is over and our team had a blast! John Romero stopped by to play our game and I've summarized our 2 previous conferences in this blog post. Also there's included our first trailer which has been done over the night just for the purpose of the conference.

Snímek obrazovky 2018-06-04 v 12.40.04.png

P

Petr Skornok

Is there anyone we will meet @ Tokyo Game Show this year?

P

Petr Skornok

Finally we are in Tokyo, curing from the jet lag at the hotel room and tomorrow TGS2018 starts. Pretty excited!

Except for the game itself we've been spending the several previous months to deliver a tangible product for our fans - to have something memorable, something that would remind you of the game. We've had a lot of fun building this 3D art collectible figure but also went through a lot of trials and errors while searching for someone who could deliver the best quality of the material with the required level of detail.

In collaboration with formwurx from UK, we've finally managed to achieve what we aimed for.

You can preorder the figure at Ministry of Broadcast.

And you can check the full story on our Behance.