• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Minimum SDK

ophelius

Because older Androids are affected by the application_surface(lag, slow downs, etc), is there a minimum SDK I can compile my game at to ensure that it wouldn't run on those phones with older problematic graphic chips? Or what's the minimum OS version that would only run on faster phones, and which SDK would that OS be?
I would rather leave the application_surface turned on as turning it off is causing me problems. Right now my minimum SDK is set at 19, but I think that's still too low because it can run on my older Android, even though I get around 250FPS, it sometimes slows down to 5-10FPS.
Thanks

Edit: I checked and my old phone is running Android 9 with API 28, so I guess setting the Android compile settings to the minimum SDK of 29 would limit a lot of phones being able to use it?

Last edited: