Released Minaurs - Adventure game full of exploratory expeditions

A

Adam Havlík

Hi,

We would like to introduce you to our new game. Created with GameMaker studio - Master collection (v.1.4.1804).

MINAURS

A unique adventure game full of exploratory expeditions to the various underground worlds on different planets. Reunite the Minaur Nation!

Minaurs is a complex game with a blend of puzzles, RPG elements and pure arcade action. As you progress in the game, you gain more control over your character and game becomes more and more action oriented.

Game offers dynamically created levels that bring you to unexpected challenges. Even a day time and weather conditions may affect your gameplay.

Every game is unique to the player due to "random with conditions" creation algorithm. Everything you do is recorded and have consequences.

Travel with your Minaur through the game universe, discover new worlds, their unique environment and inhabitants. Lead your Minaur safely through underworlds to gain knowledge and collect The Mighty Resource. Complete various quests, develop your character, collect loot from various animals, and rescue your trapped mates.

Available on Steam (Windows and Mac):
https://store.steampowered.com/app/763750/Minaurs/

Available on Google play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.IIIDA.Minaurs&hl=en_US

Avaliable on App store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/minaurs/id1073362517?mt=8

Game's official website: www.minaurs.com

Game's official FB profile: www.facebook.com/minaurs

Game's official trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXrdM_qcrbU

3DA Interactive (Adam and Michael Havlík)

www.facebook.com/3DA.Interactive

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Adam Havlík

Announcement - Minaurs game UPDATE #1 coming soon!

Upcoming update will include:

• redesigned basic knowledge gain UI for more fluent gameplay
• redesigned loot window UI for more fluent gameplay
• quick skill cast on right mouse button
• few minor bugs fixed

A

Adam Havlík

Announcement - Minaurs game UPDATE #1 is LIVE!

MINAURS - UPDATE#1LIVE_1024.jpg

UPDATE #1 includes:

• Redesigned basic knowledge gain UI for more fluent gameplay.
• Redesigned loot window UI for more fluent gameplay.
• Quick skill cast on right mouse button. More clicks will cycle through
available domains. Left click outside skill cancels skill cast.
• Few minor bugs fixed.

We would appreciate any ideas and feedbacks.

A

Adam Havlík

Hi,
Just want to mention 50% OFF on Steam! SALE ends December 11...

MINAURS - SALE STEAM 50 256.png

Have a nice day!

M

Marcus12321

Can I ask you a question? I truly am not trying to be a jerk or anything, I really am curious...

That very first video at the top... Do developers (or whatever) do these sorts of videos, purposefully only showing very small amount of gameplay? Is there a reason, like are you trying to hide your gameplay?

When I go to view a game on the steam store or whatever, I WANT to see gameplay. And when all I get is a teaser video like that, it is a real turn off. The little bits of text showing what you think are features of your game, like "seek and hunt over 30 animal species" or what have you, I don't need to see those, it does nothing for me... I may be in the minority , I am not sure. But these videos like this just infuriate me. The ones that are even worse are the ones that show NO gameplay at all.

What goes into the development of a video like that? Did you do it? Did a marketing company do it? Is it a known thing that videos like that sell better than actually showing off large amounts of your gameplay?

Personally, if I can't see a large amount of gameplay, I go on to looking at the next game. Sometimes if a game catches my eye enough, I will search youtube for a video of the game to see if I might like it. But, come on, the very first video of your game should at least give me a really good idea of what the game play is going to be like. In my mind, as a player, that is what interests me the most.

Again, I really am not trying to be a jerk or anything, I really am trying to understand the motivation of using a video like this as your center piece for displaying your game. As I have never developed a game far enough to get to that point, I have not had to decide how to market the game. I would really like to see some discussion on this topic.

Thanks.

A

Adam Havlík

Can I ask you a question? I truly am not trying to be a jerk or anything, I really am curious...

That very first video at the top... Do developers (or whatever) do these sorts of videos, purposefully only showing very small amount of gameplay? Is there a reason, like are you trying to hide your gameplay?

When I go to view a game on the steam store or whatever, I WANT to see gameplay. And when all I get is a teaser video like that, it is a real turn off. The little bits of text showing what you think are features of your game, like "seek and hunt over 30 animal species" or what have you, I don't need to see those, it does nothing for me... I may be in the minority , I am not sure. But these videos like this just infuriate me. The ones that are even worse are the ones that show NO gameplay at all.

What goes into the development of a video like that? Did you do it? Did a marketing company do it? Is it a known thing that videos like that sell better than actually showing off large amounts of your gameplay?

Personally, if I can't see a large amount of gameplay, I go on to looking at the next game. Sometimes if a game catches my eye enough, I will search youtube for a video of the game to see if I might like it. But, come on, the very first video of your game should at least give me a really good idea of what the game play is going to be like. In my mind, as a player, that is what interests me the most.

Again, I really am not trying to be a jerk or anything, I really am trying to understand the motivation of using a video like this as your center piece for displaying your game. As I have never developed a game far enough to get to that point, I have not had to decide how to market the game. I would really like to see some discussion on this topic.

Thanks.
Hi Marcus,

It is very hard to find the best way. We have decided to use cutscenes to show the most of the game features. Plain gameplay video in our opinion can not do it right.
We agree that gameplay is the most important part and we are going to add pure gameplay video as a secondary trailer.
Trailer is very important part of the game prezentation, says a lot more than screenshot. Our trailer shows a lot of actual gameplay but also tries to tell a story behind.
As an indie developer with quite limited budget we have made trailer by our selfs.

Hope that we explained a little about our approach...