Alpha min.exe

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Deadly Serious Media, Jan 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Deadly Serious Media

Deadly Serious Media Member

taking a brain break fomr ZOMG! development over the holidays and starting building out a Meatboy/N++ style platformer.

Play as min and work our way through the lair of the dastardly exe as he tries to kill you with lasers!

A dark mode option is in the works as the white can be a bit jarring after a while.

I've beaten this level once before with ~80% charge on the cannons. The charging speed is variable and cutting the power cables does reduce the chargin speed. Also, the zoom out you saw was a button press. The player will be able to zoom out and get a beeter lay of the land while playing.

Playable Demo -pre R to restart

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 7:49 PM
  2. Kyon

Kyon Member

Whoa I really like it. Looks buttery smooth, and I really dig the cannon charging mechanics and the rope physics.
    Cool aesthetic, another great example how you can have beautiful graphics with such minimalism.

3. Deadly Serious Media

Thanks, that means alot! Always been a fan of minimal games. Spent most of the time just getting the player movement right. :)

4. Deadly Serious Media

Probably going to set this thing down for awhile so here is a playable demo. R to restart.