• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Migrating to Mac

P

Prof.Xavier

Hi guys,
I cant for the life of me contact the support and its not really clear for me looking at licenses if I can use my Desktop licence when I move to Mac. Im planning to sell my laptop and buy a mac. Will I have to pay extra or get a new licence?
Thanks a lot!!

O.Stogden

Pretty sure you can use your license on at least 2 devices. I have my GMS2 activated on my PC and laptop, incase I need to do some game dev when I'm away from my PC.

It might just deactivate your old devices if you activate on a new one, but I couldn't confirm that. I have changed PC a couple of times since getting GMS2 and have never been stopped from activating my license though.

rIKmAN

Hi guys,
I cant for the life of me contact the support and its not really clear for me looking at licenses if I can use my Desktop licence when I move to Mac. Im planning to sell my laptop and buy a mac. Will I have to pay extra or get a new licence?
Thanks a lot!!
If you have the Desktop licence then you can export to Windows, Mac and Linux and can use both the Windows IDE and the Mac IDE.

There is no issue with you using the same Desktop licence on a Mac with the Mac IDE.
You may have to login to your YYG account and remove any old / expired sessions of your old devices, although this is usually done automatically with the oldest session being removed and replaced by the new one.

if you have a Creators licence, then it won't be possible as that only allows export to and IDE use on a single platform - Windows or Mac.