• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Microsoft Kinect sensor compatibility?

Dilawlaw

Hello, I don't know if I am asking this at the right place but is there a way to access my Microsoft Kinect V2 sensor using GMS 2? I have the kinect SDK installed but have no idea how to communicate with it. can I get guidance on this topic? thanks

O.Stogden

There might be extensions that allow it. But I highly doubt GMS2 ever did or ever will have support for Kinect.

MS stopped supporting Kinect a while back, and the new consoles (XSX/XSS) don't work with it at all. Most of its functionality is redundant nowadays.

Dilawlaw

There might be extensions that allow it. But I highly doubt GMS2 ever did or ever will have support for Kinect.

MS stopped supporting Kinect a while back, and the new consoles (XSX/XSS) don't work with it at all. Most of its functionality is redundant nowadays.
I see, you think this issue can be solved if I make a DLL using CPP? I am asking so I know if I should dig into this road or it's not possible

O.Stogden

I guess it would be theoretically possible? I don't know much about DLL's and mixing C with GM, so I'm not best placed to answer the question.

If you're planning on requiring Kinect to play your game and you release publicly, I wouldn't bother though, no-one owns a Kinect anymore.

Dilawlaw

I guess it would be theoretically possible? I don't know much about DLL's and mixing C with GM, so I'm not best placed to answer the question.

If you're planning on requiring Kinect to play your game and you release publicly, I wouldn't bother though, no-one owns a Kinect anymore.
it's an advergame that would be put in a public place where the user only has a screen and a Kinect for the experience. let's say it's a specific project and not planned for distribution.