• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Microsiege

E

Ethanicus

Hey all! This is an idea I've had for a while and decided to do something with.

Essentially, the idea is that this is an RTS with extremely high quantities of enemies and controlled characters. It's like Pikmin meets Warcraft.

Except...bitty-er.

Demo Here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3FzUy_v7Me-eFBZNi1iZFg4cm8

Both enemies (blue) and your men (red) follow the mouse for now. Left click makes a blue, right makes a red.
They have a 50% chance of death on collision with each other, so statistically, more men will make you win. Then again I've watched as a single blue went Rambo and slaughtered a whole group of Reds. XD
There's walls over on the left which are currently paired to Red team. If you gather a bunch of Blues around it, they can destroy it.

Tell me what you think! Thanks!

B

Blackened

I'll have to try this when I get back to my desktop, and I'll be sure comment. For now though, based upon your summary, I think that the games core idea would lend itself nicely within the mobile arena as well. Interesting.

E

Ethanicus

I'll have to try this when I get back to my desktop, and I'll be sure comment. For now though, based upon your summary, I think that the games core idea would lend itself nicely within the mobile arena as well. Interesting.
Maybe, if they can run it!

W

whale_cancer

I like the idea but it's just... too lo-fi for my taste. 8x8 or 8x6 sprites would allow them to at least resemble people and even allow some unit variation. Just a thought.

E

Ethanicus

I like the idea but it's just... too lo-fi for my taste. 8x8 or 8x6 sprites would allow them to at least resemble people and even allow some unit variation. Just a thought.
Hm...I'll take that into consideration.