• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Metroidvania with fighting game elements - pre-alpha footage

basementApe

Been working on this for some time. I tend to stare myself blind sometimes at stuff I'm working on, so it would be nice to get some fresh eyes to take a look and offer suggestions on things to improve. Feel free to bring up anything you can think of; general design, how the gameplay looks, color choices etc... Thanks :)

Elvenrix

Looks great!

The running animation looks slow when compared to the other animations.
Maybe it was inspired by Catlevania's Alucard, who also does have that same feel, but he doesn't kung-fu :p

What I mean is character walk movement while in combat feels faster than running, so after combat is over, I feel like slow motion.

basementApe

Thanks for the feedback!

Good point about the running animation. I think I might have to rework that to look more like a jog. If I speed it up too much it kinda looks like the character is sprinting everywhere.

poorlocke

The art is magnificent, the combat looks really interesting! I agree with the running animation, outside of combat the character feels like is being held back. Other than that, this is awesome

Joe Ellis

I love the graphics on this. It reminds me of Demon's Crest a lot :)
It looks really professional. I love how the zombies die aswell, especially the one that explodes :D

CMAllen

Awesome work so far. Foreground elements stand out against the background. Solid color palette choices. Smooth, impactful combat animations. Only critique I can give is that the speed of the main character's walking animation looks a little out of sync with the movement speed, which is a really minor nitpick at most.

basementApe

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it :)

I love the graphics on this. It reminds me of Demon's Crest a lot :)
It looks really professional. I love how the zombies die aswell, especially the one that explodes :D
Omg I put more time and effort into those zombie death animations than I probably should have. Glad to hear it paid off :) Demon's Crest looks like just my thing. Wonder how I missed it...