• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Metric Services for GM 1.4

helpleo

So, i'm developing a arcadey title with lots of enemy types and procedural weapons, and possibly hundreds of loadouts available to the player. Because of that, I'm pratically obliged to measure gameplay statistics to make my game balanced, so I'm searching for a good metric service so I can log player runs, game overs, and those kinds of things. I'm still using 1.4 (going to make the jump for 2 when I finish this project), and the only service I found with support for it, GameAnalytics, its practically unusable since all of its documentation is for the current version of GM 2; the other services I found all focus on mobile, and my project is going to be a PC game. Is there any other service that support 1.4? I've searched a lot and found none, so I'm seriously considering building my own system at this point.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You are your own at this point. All the API integrations for GMS 1.4 are off support now. And if iOS or Android are in your plans, you have to get GMS 2 now.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
If you are targeting Windows, you could use a tool I made to convert a GMS2 project with GameAnalytics extension included to GMS1 format and then import the converted extension from that project into yours. No warranties though.

helpleo

If you are targeting Windows, you could use a tool I made to convert a GMS2 project with GameAnalytics extension included to GMS1 format and then import the converted extension from that project into yours. No warranties though.
Thanks for the info, but the main issue is that I don't have a GMS2 license, so the conversion would not be possible. I'm torn between building my own system, or just bite the bullet and upgrade to 2, even if that means refactoring 1 year worth of code. But cheers for the help!

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Given that Studio 1.x is a dead end that won't receive any further updates, if you're intending to develop this game for much longer, you'll be doing your current and future self a massive favor by updating to 2.x sooner rather than later, or potentially be on the receiving end of the collateral damage that will ensue if any external provider updates their requirements in a way that makes your game incompatible with them (for example the somewhat recent 64 bit enforcement on mobile platforms).