• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android mergeReleaseResources[Fatal Error]

P

Pano

Hi,

I have this error exporting an .apk.
What's prolog? how to resolve?

thanks

Code:
:com.pano.swipethesquares:mergeReleaseResources[Fatal Error] :1:1: Content not allowed in prolog.

C:\Users\Samuele\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\swipethesquares\Android\Default\com.pano.swipethesquares\src\main\res\values\desktop.ini:1:1: Content not allowed in prolog.
:com.pano.swipethesquares:mergeReleaseResources FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.pano.swipethesquares:mergeReleaseResources'.
> C:\Users\Samuele\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\swipethesquares\Android\Default\com.pano.swipethesquares\src\main\res\values\desktop.ini:1:1: Error: Il contenuto non � consentito nel prologo.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 10.765 secs
Create finished: 20:42:11

P

Pano

I need your help guys!
I'm trying everything: deleting this immortal desktop.ini file, deleting cache folder ecc

rIKmAN

What version of GMS?
What versions of Android SDK do you have downloaded?
What version do you have set in GGS?
What NDK are you using?
What version of Java are you using?

Throw us a bone, we aren't psychic.

P

Pano

What version of GMS?
What versions of Android SDK do you have downloaded?
What version do you have set in GGS?
What NDK are you using?
What version of Java are you using?

Throw us a bone, we aren't psychic.
GMS 1.4.1757
SDK build tools downloaded: 23.0.3
In GMS I have set: Build 23.0.3, Lib 23.2.1, Target SDK 23, Min SDK 14
no NDK
Java build 1.8.0_111-b14

I have followed this guide: http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753498-GameMaker-Studio-Android-SDK-and-NDK-setup-
The strange fact is that it worked, it has worked for weeks; this error since yesterday

rIKmAN

Why don't you have an NDK installed?

Weird that it worked, but I think 1757 should use Java 1.7 (at least mine does).
Are you sure Java hasn't auto updated or something similar?

P

Pano

but I think 1757 should use Java 1.7 (at least mine does).
which one? SE7u80?

I have set a new empty project with same settings and it works; so, the problem is inside the project.
In last days I have added same objects and features and moved the project folder from Dropbox to G. Drive.

I don't understand the link between a desktop.ini file (that should contains info about settings view of the folder where it's located) and an .apk export