• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android "Memory used" going up

P

psychoanima

When I am testing my android game with debugger, Memory used is going up how game is passing (endless runner), even after room restart memory usage is the same or little bit up. When I press pause, I am using deactivate all. After resuming memory is even more high.

I don't use surface (it's off) so I don't have to use surface_free() after each game restart. I am not using loop's/arrays in my game.

I have no Idea what's wrong, can someone give me advice what to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fern

Something important to note is that global variables aren't reset by game_restart(). Other than that, I'm not sure what your issue is unfortunately.

P

psychoanima

Something important to note is that global variables aren't reset by game_restart(). Other than that, I'm not sure what your issue is unfortunately.
I am actually using room_goto to restart current room/level. Is that wrong?

More precisely, room_goto to move to the room where is only loading screen and then again room_goto to move where the game is playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Paolo Mazzon

• Not cleaning up data structures
  • Not unloading dynamic assets
  • Loading audio groups but not unloading
  • Endless appending to a list/array/queue whatever
Other than that I don't know what you might be doing. Look around in your code for the things I listed, maybe you just forgot to clean something up.

P

psychoanima

Oh my... I am such an idiot. My script for instance_destroy() that is given to almost every instance had an error.

Instance number at the beginning was 12 and in 2 minutes more then 100... Now the number of instances is not going over 25. I am such a noob xD

In debugger, at the beginning of the level I got Memory used: 133000k After few minutes of playing I am having constant Memory usage of 155000k

I guess that's ok now, right?

I am gonna do double check for google services, maybe I did something wrong there as well...