• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Memory leak when loading/unloading Audio Groups

Andrey

Hello everybody!
I want to ask.
I have a strong memory leak when unloading and re-loading the audio group (for example, when you restart the level). Now I do not unload audio group, so as not to crash the game.
I wrote earlier in the bug-report, something my request went deep in the bottom, and I began to worry that he is not going to solve. http://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=21791
Does anybody have a memory leak when loading / unloading the audio group?

Andrey

A memory leak is, if selected "Compressed (uncompress on load)" to the sounds in the audio group. This is normal?

Andrey

I made a video demonstrating the memory when loading/unloading audio groups with different sound settings.
There are some explanations for these leaks?
To use the wav format is not appropriate (weighs a lot), and the option “Compressed (uncompress on load)” is the most successful for mobile. But it has a leak.

Andrey

Oh, cool! :eek:
A terrible memory leak with the unloading of audio bands returned in this version of 1788!
More precisely, audiogroups, apparently, are not unloaded at all.

No, I can not use this version to release the game update. :mad:

S

signal

This is why I wait at least a year before updating ;)

Can you revert to a previous version?

Although, 1788 is in the beta channel isn't it?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Have you filed a bug about it??? Help -> Report a bug, if you do not then it will not get fixed.

Russell

Andrey

This is why I wait at least a year before updating ;)
Can you revert to a previous version?
Although, 1788 is in the beta channel isn't it?
Yes, I returned to the old version.
But I think I need to transfer the old project to GMS2, although I planned to do it this summer, as I'm busy with a new game.