Megaman dash effect

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Megax60, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Megax60

Megax60 Member

I want to make that effect like when megaman is dashing, im not using it for a dash, im using it for like a "powerup", i want it to enable when a variable is equal to 1

2. Guest User

Guest User Guest

if you're just switching to a special sprite that has some sort of cool animation, you just need to check if the variable is equal to 1 and set the sprite index:
    Code:
    if(variable == 1) {
        sprite_index = /* your_special_sprite */ }
    if the variable only switches between 1 and 0 (true and false) you can also just do:
    Code:
    if(variable) {
    otherwise, if you're asking how to make a certain effect, it'd be helpful if you provided some pics of what it looks like.

3. Megax60

Megax60 Member

i didn't mean changing the sprite, i mean the effect that megaman does when dashing, you know, those blue sprites(can't find image :L)

4. Guest User

Guest User Guest

oh. i think (hope) i get what you mean now, sorry. one way to do it is:

the part you'd be interested in starts at 12:55.
    otherwise you can use a for loop or two and draw the sprite n number of times with it's alpha and x and y position influenced by the character's movement along the x and y axis.

getting it to be blue would require either drawing the sprite manually with draw_sprite_ext() or by creating a seperate that is colored blue.

Megax60 likes this.
  5. Megax60

Megax60 Member

That is what im talking about, thanks!

6. granderboi

granderboi Member

another heartbeast vid