Game Jam Meet Ups?

G

GameMakerPero

I just recently started to learn GML but I think it would be cool to create a community of GameMakers in my area (Washington, D.C.), maybe even for a game jam collaboration down the road. Are there any existing mechanisms in the GameMaker community for meet ups? I may end up trying meetup.com in my area, but around here, there appears to be only Unity groups, general dev groups, or gaming groups.

G

Guest User

ooo it's a shame there doesn't seem to be a group in San Diego either. then we could have a gamemaker panel at comic con, lol

"today, we shall be discussing the inspiration and design of a true gamemaker masterpiece: Click the Clown."

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
There is meetup.com I think it is called. There is a nice gamedev meetup here in Dallas too. But I don't know if there are any meetups anywhere of any good size specifically for Gamemaker, just gamedev in general.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Well, you're about six hours away from me and the game dev team I'm a part of. We live in the Virginia Beach / Chesapeake area of Virginia. However, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Takagi

There is meetup.com I think it is called. There is a nice gamedev meetup here in Dallas too. But I don't know if there are any meetups anywhere of any good size specifically for Gamemaker, just gamedev in general.
Dallas you say? I'm just moving there in a few days! Sounds exciting for the future.

G

GameMakerPero

Well, you're about six hours away from me and the game dev team I'm a part of. We live in the Virginia Beach / Chesapeake area of Virginia. However, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe!

That's cool. I grew up in the 757.

M

Misu

Im only 2000 miles away from any GMCer. Come by and swim through the bermuda triangle to meet up with me, we'll make Super Ultra Click the Clown 2: Jesterpalooza Extravaganza part 2: 3D edition... ... ... ;-;