Game Jam Meet Ups?

G

GameMakerPero

I just recently started to learn GML but I think it would be cool to create a community of GameMakers in my area (Washington, D.C.), maybe even for a game jam collaboration down the road. Are there any existing mechanisms in the GameMaker community for meet ups? I may end up trying meetup.com in my area, but around here, there appears to be only Unity groups, general dev groups, or gaming groups.

G

Guest User

ooo it's a shame there doesn't seem to be a group in San Diego either. then we could have a gamemaker panel at comic con, lol

"today, we shall be discussing the inspiration and design of a true gamemaker masterpiece: Click the Clown."

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
There is meetup.com I think it is called. There is a nice gamedev meetup here in Dallas too. But I don't know if there are any meetups anywhere of any good size specifically for Gamemaker, just gamedev in general.

T

Takagi

There is meetup.com I think it is called. There is a nice gamedev meetup here in Dallas too. But I don't know if there are any meetups anywhere of any good size specifically for Gamemaker, just gamedev in general.
Dallas you say? I'm just moving there in a few days! Sounds exciting for the future.

G

GameMakerPero

Well, you're about six hours away from me and the game dev team I'm a part of. We live in the Virginia Beach / Chesapeake area of Virginia. However, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe!

That's cool. I grew up in the 757.

Misu

The forum's immigrant
Im only 2000 miles away from any GMCer. Come by and swim through the bermuda triangle to meet up with me, we'll make Super Ultra Click the Clown 2: Jesterpalooza Extravaganza part 2: 3D edition... ... ... ;-;