• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Mech Simulator (ongoing WIP)

Since I got a mech:

Why not make a simulator? Perhaps you thought my username had nothing behind it? lol

First try.png

Using GM8 unregistered at the moment (waiting a bit before getting GMS2) with some legacy code I found in my archives (vintage 10+ years!). Just quickly thrown together to see if I can. Expect developments!

woodsmoke

Excellent! Only the bravest of mechwarriors dare to take on the deadly lawnmower mech!

About the game: I'd love to see an outdoor environment. I like the bobbing motion when walking.

Excellent! Only the bravest of mechwarriors dare to take on the deadly lawnmower mech!

About the game: I'd love to see an outdoor environment. I like the bobbing motion when walking.
Technically a snowblower :p

Re-did the game engine (found the original code I was looking for in my archives), check it out in the link in the OP. Here's a screenshot:
2.png

-Look around the cockpit with the mouse
-Click and drag the transmission stick to shift gears (forward/reverse at varying speeds!)
-Q/E To rotate the head
-A/D to set the steering wheels
-Space to engage clutch (and move)

The camera view is a little janky but I think I could fix that with some muddling with viewports.

Looks kinda like siren head
Design was inspired by Unit 00 from the OVA "Metal Skin Panic Madox 01".

unit00.jpg

Maybe make the mech punch with the left/right mouse button when you're looking at the screen. When you look away from the screen is when you can do cockpit actions with left click (transmission, power adjustments, etc). Also add the waldo arms in the cockpit that mimic the mech's punches and a pilot stamina bar (since the real mech's arms are analogue).

Switching over to a free abandonware game engine "Reality Factory" (running on the Genesis 3d engine: Unity ended up killing it). So far graphics are looking fun. Will post a vid to it on Wednesday.

First attempt importing a model:
Reality Factory.jpg
Textured model
secondtry.jpg
Untextured cockpit:
secondtry2.png