Mech Game. SUgestions for last layer?(aim is a soft paralax effect)

ramos

Artwork Mockup VS actual in-game screenshot

Question:
I want to add somting on last layer in adition to the UI to create a paralax effect. Any sugestions ?

Mockup:

Screenschot:

Video:

Z

zircher

Just to throw it out there... Wind direction and blowing dust from vehicle movement (perhaps as a particle effect), weather effects (fog, rain, snow, low clouds, lightning flashes and thunder after a short delay), fire from builds and vehicles + smoke.

ramos

THank you zircher !
We have planed all you mentioned. Also the particle effects for wind blowing are allready ther as an extra layer with paralax effect but you cannot see them because the quallity of the video is very low.

THank you zircher !
We have planed all you mentioned. Also the particle effects for wind blowing are allready ther as an extra layer with paralax effect but you cannot see them because the quallity of the video is very low.
You have planned all that and you are asking for more? Its going to be highly detailed then lol

ramos

Im asking for somting in particular meaning what i can add on top layer for max paralax effect. Smoke and wheather effects and dust in wind are on another layer but i need a extra top one as well including the interface. im thinking now of some zelepin ship passing by but im afraid it will take to much of the player visual. I need somting to go in corners. One corner is coverd by the interface but other 3 are empty

Surgeon_

Symbian Curator
Maybe not a zeppelin, but what about other, smaller and faster flying vehicles? Also, some junk flying around (newspapers and such) because of the wind?

ramos

Thank you for the sugestion. Yea a smaller ship might work. As for news papper i think it will be to small to make somting out of it and might be consider just a pixel, for you see this are the sizes:

Z

zircher

Given that info... rocket and trail, static/lightning, hover craft and searchlight, flak bursts, scanning laser, incoming mortars, (large) birds, drones, illumination flare, IR flares (smaller designed to spoof missiles)