• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Master Collection to GMS2 Questions

K

Khaibit

So, I see we get 50% off of all the modules so far. That's pretty cool. But I also noticed console modules are mysteriously AWOL from the Master Collection to GMS2 upgrade path.

So my question:
1. Will Master Collection owners get 50% off the Console module as well when it comes out?

Edit:
2. When will GMS2 be available to actually purchase?
3. Is performance of games written with it improved?
4. Is networking expanded or is it roughly the same?

Numbered questions for easy reference, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aura

The upgrade path information says that you'd get a 50% discount on all the products; the console modules get released before the launch, so I think you might get the discount on those as well. But that's just a rough guess.

K

Khaibit

The upgrade path information says that you'd get a 50% discount on all the products; the console modules get released before the launch, so I think you might get the discount on those as well. But that's just a rough guess.
I also see that in the Pro Upgrade path Console is under one category, but now on the roadmap they are listed individually. Will they be sold individually or as a whole?

To YoYo Games, I think releasing them together would be the better option. Remember, a large amount of Indie Devs use this software (I fit into that group myself, so you can see my concern).

makas

there are several benchmarks on the GMS2 forum you can see the improvement in FPS is great in some cases, so yes the games will run better, the network functionallity I think is the same as GMS1

A

altan0

It appears to me in the road map the console modules will not be part of the upgrade plan (even for the Master Collection) since GMS doesn't even have a Xbox/PS4 license to begin with.

Looks to me we will be paying full price for the console module.

N

NPT

It appears to me in the road map the console modules will not be part of the upgrade plan (even for the Master Collection) since GMS doesn't even have a Xbox/PS4 license to begin with.

Looks to me we will be paying full price for the console module.
"Coming Soon" means information will be coming soon. Drawing the conclusions you've drawn is silly.

A

altan0

"Coming Soon" means information will be coming soon. Drawing the conclusions you've drawn is silly.
Still no harm guessing since it is clearly stated "50% any/all Products" under the master collection column so its still a mystery.