• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

MASSIVE Music and SFX pack bundle currently on the Humble Bundle site!

Japster

I'm forever struggling for SFX and music I can (safely!) use in my games, and I've just grabbed this pack - I went for the whole deal, because, well, why not... :D

There's some so-so content in there, but also some absolute gems! - all available for the buyer to put in ANY amount of their commercial or none-commercial games, apps, content / Youtube (think - trailers!), pretty much anything apparently...

...I've been checking through it just now, since downloading it all, and for around $25 for the full unlock, for me it was a no-brainer - 100's of music tracks, 1,000's of sfx... figured I'd give my fellow GMS'ers a heads-up in case they wanted an instant collection of music and sfx for games, that won't upset any rights holders... ;)

Hopefully okay to post the link here - still has 19 days to take advantage of it:-

https://www.humblebundle.com/softwa...medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_1

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
I picked up the base package for $1 to compare it with my other audio bundles. Can't say I was particularly impressed...the SFX are somewhat niche and mostly amateur quality.

Here's what the base package contains:

If you need generic voice lines for a male/female protagonist, generic 8-bit SFX, or a bunch of home office SFX then it's worth spending $1. For everyone else, you might want to save that dollar or look for alternatives.

Japster

@True Valhalla - That's a good point - they've REALLY not done themselves any favours with the $1 pack - I checked the first download first, and thought - is that IT?!

But no, I got over 40 packs (some of them huge - 4+GB) with the $25 tier, including some great (imho) stuff in the top tier stuff I hit... ..ie. the Dark Fantasy, and Mega Music Collection packs...

I hear you, but I kind of meant the whole $25 package is pretty good, and great value - I'm guessing the $1 option is YGWYPF.... ;) ...Having said that, I thought the $19 option was *okay*, but the $25 tier / complete bundle really was the sweet spot for me - I've already found a good 5-6 music tracks I like, for projects, and about 20-30 sfx that are perfect for what I need, and I've not really scratched the surface!

I just figured for such a huge library of (admittedly a mixed bag in some places, but with some genuine stand-out gems in there) SFX and audio tracks, it was a great deal... :)

Edit - eg - The Dark Fantasy pack alone contains (in DF's own words :) ):-

14 albums
290 tracks

8h43m50s of epic, fun, emotional, horror, dark ambient adventure, pirate and action music !!!

1-Archives vol 1 The dark side
2-Archives vol 2 The love
3-Archives vol 3 The joke
4-Black Sails
5-A journey to origins
6-Chronicles of the illusion world
7-Dark skies and other disasters
8-Forever and a day
9-Haunted
10-Imagine
11-Immortals
12-The lab
13-The monster that lies within
14-Witchcraft

Last edited:

MaGicBush

I grabbed this last night and went through some of it. I already found 3 tracks and a bunch of sfx I'm going to use. Considering some composers want like $100 for one track or more it's a great deal at $25!

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I got a huge "xomg we have tons of game dev resources" pack some time ago, but it turned out half of the assets were licensed only to use with RPG Maker and a lot of the remaining ones had so illegible licenses I couldn't even figure out if I was allowed to use them (some license texts only allowed using the assets if you used DRM to protect them, for instance)... so I ended up never using anything from that pack. At least I helped support charity that time... but these days I prefer handpicking my stuff from OpenGameArt (for music) and Freesound (for sound effects) instead of getting Humble Bundle packs just because of the licensing hubbub.

The Sci-Fi SFX and RPG Magic SFX available in this pack are worth the price of admission alone. Very high-quality stuff.

I got a huge "xomg we have tons of game dev resources" pack some time ago, but it turned out half of the assets were licensed only to use with RPG Maker and a lot of the remaining ones had so illegible licenses I couldn't even figure out if I was allowed to use them (some license texts only allowed using the assets if you used DRM to protect them, for instance)... so I ended up never using anything from that pack. At least I helped support charity that time... but these days I prefer handpicking my stuff from OpenGameArt (for music) and Freesound (for sound effects) instead of getting Humble Bundle packs just because of the licensing hubbub.
Assets from GameDev Market -- which everything in this bundle appears to be from -- have a pretty clear and open license.

https://www.gamedevmarket.net/terms-conditions/#pro-licence

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
The Sci-Fi SFX and RPG Magic SFX available in this pack are worth the price of admission alone. Very high-quality stuff.

Assets from GameDev Market -- which everything in this bundle appears to be from -- have a pretty clear and open license.

https://www.gamedevmarket.net/terms-conditions/#pro-licence
Sweet, that's miles better than my previous experience! Both terms-wise, and also almost human-readable... I guess people are learning that it's just going to hurt consumer interest if the legalese is too legalese~

Japster

Yikes! - I just checked the prices for ONE piece of music on that site, and I'm now really glad I bought this whole HB.... :)

Yep, Licensing-wise, this makes a refreshing change.... ...for those who don't feel like clicking the link for the agreement, the important stuff is here:-

4. LICENCE (A) ā€“ For purchases made after 00:00 (GMT) on 15th January 2019

4.1. A ā€œLicenceā€ means that the Seller grants to GDN (purely for the purpose of sub-licensing to the Purchaser) and GDN grants (by way of sub-licence thereof) to the Purchaser a non-exclusive perpetual licence to;

(a) use the Licensed Asset to create Derivative Works; and

(b) use the Licensed Asset and any Derivative Works as part of both Non-Monetized Media Products and Monetized Media Products, with no restriction on the number of projects the Licensed Asset may be used in. In either case, the Licensed Assets can be used in Media Products that are either:

i) used for the Purchaserā€™s own personal use; and/or

ii) used for the Purchaserā€™s commercial use in which case it may be distributed, sold and supplied by the Purchaser for any fee that the Purchaser may determine.

...That's a pretty relaxed agreement if ever I saw one, so I'm happy! - Even the ability to use them in media is a nice bonus - I assume it's so you can show the game(s) running, but it also means you could use these for standalone video projects too! - They're mine to do as I please in pretty much every respect... :)

...Obviously, the only limitations further on that page are related to sub-licensing, re-selling the assets etc....

So yeah, bargain in my book!.... :D

rIKmAN

Sweet, that's miles better than my previous experience! Both terms-wise, and also almost human-readable... I guess people are learning that it's just going to hurt consumer interest if the legalese is too legalese~
There were a lot of complaints from customers and potential customers with a previous RPG GameDev Bundle which contained assets from them because the licence originally stated that the assets could only be used in a single project / game and then would have to be repurchased for each subsequent project / game.

GameDevMarket were pretty good about it and changed the licencing to then allow the assets to be reused after purchasing once, and it seems they kept that model going forward.