• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - General Marketplace SEO?

T

Ting_Thing

Hi everyone,

I have an asset on the Marketplace called The Ultimate Platformer Engine. It's an engine for platformer games.

When I go to the marketplace and search "Ultimate Platformer Engine" right now, it shows up as the 119th's search result, page 4. Even when I put the search in quotes I get the same results.

Is this just how the Marketplace is, or are there proper ways for dealing with SEO on the marketplace? Seems a little crazy that a search specifically for the name of this project would show up soooo far back in search results.

Thanks,
TingThing

S

Sybok

From my experience, the better an assets performs, the closer to the front page it is.

No such thing as SEO as far as trying to push your asset up the listings. SEO only works for search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc)

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
GM Marketplace is not exactly known for a good search algorithm. It is also hard to tell if people search on actual marketplace or search for "GameMaker <thing>" in an external search engine which sometimes brings them to marketplace.

zbox

GMC Elder
I'd love to be able to embed a GA tracking code into the page like Itch.io allows, currently my "market research" is just making assets that I find useful and others may too. I would like to see which assets get more pageview attention, what keywords from, etc.!