• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - General Marketplace Payments for the month of March 2018

zbox

GMC Elder
Doesn't seem to have happened yet and it's a week overdue according to this:
upload_2018-6-7_9-41-43.png

Opened a support ticket a while ago to no avail, what's going on here? I'd be fine with a delay as long as there isn't radio silence on the other end. C'mon!

Feel free to remove the topic once this is resolved or as the admins otherwise see... Not very confidence inspiring in the system.

½

½ a cup

I hit the threshold months ago also and even got an email saying I was going to be paid on a specific date, which has now been and gone.

½

½ a cup

Marketplace reporting still hasn't worked for coming up to two years though. Everything seems to be a half baked attempt as an add-on with YYG.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Marketplace reporting still hasn't worked for coming up to two years though. Everything seems to be a half baked attempt as an add-on with YYG.
Is this Lonewolff? He talks an awful lot about the MP reporting system not working and an awful lot about his MP earnings. Seeing as you barely have any posts yet and you are already talking about both of those 2 things, it really sounds like the next reincarnation (but please don't be upset with me if my impression is wrong, that's why I'm asking).

½

½ a cup

Is this Lonewolff? He talks an awful lot about the MP reporting system not working and an awful lot about his MP earnings. Seeing as you barely have any posts yet and you are already talking about both of those 2 things, it really sounds like the next reincarnation (but please don't be upset with me if my impression is wrong, that's why I'm asking).
Must be mistaken for someone else. I am new to the forums, not so new to GM.

Just had a look at my posts to refresh my memory. I can't see where I have spoken about any earnings.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Must be mistaken for someone else. I am new to the forums, not so new to GM.

Just had a look at my posts to refresh my memory. I can't see where I have spoken about any earnings.
Well you said you hit the threshold so that gives some idea about what you have made recently. No biggie.

rIKmAN

Oh ok. Is it normally unusual for people to hit the threshold on the market place?
What's wrong with your 4-5 other accounts that you create another one, old friend? ;)
You really should just settle on one, having so many is no benefit to anyone.

As I've told you with great accuracy a few times in the past via PM, it's very easy for me to spot you regardless of the username on the account due to your writing style, and now even Sam is pointing you out so I don't see the point in having all these accounts.

Welcome back (again) anyway, always nice to see you around. :)

Mert

I've written this as a post, and will say it again.

The solution is simple(Win/Win situation) : Let us spend that money on other marketplace assets. I mean, I'd like to purchase Game Maker 2 modules or other marketplace assets with the money I've earned. No cashout/no mid-way payments/no cuts. Simply I want to spend my 70 USD on the store.

I don't know the legal aspect of it, but it seems like we should be able to use that money since taxes are already cut from the payments(I can see the VAT rates and cuts from sales).

You get your 30% cut, you do not need to make some payments to accounts. All is cool, life goes well...

zbox

GMC Elder
Sounds like a nice idea but I hope they don't focus their efforts on that. I sell an asset, I get money for it, super simple. I don't really have much of a need for many other MP assets so most of the revenue would just sit there :(

They'd have to add a whole credits system, it would be a massive implementation... seeing as they've not fixed the graph (thanks Lonewolff?) I don't see that anytime soon and I'd rather they implement much simpler but more publisher friendly tools (Communicate with buyers, add Google tracking ID's, shorter payment processing times, VAT Added to prices (Like it used to be) rather than subtracted from it, blah blah blah.

Seeing as we're gripe-ing, the VAT thing does really suck. Worst case scenario, if you sell an asset on steam and to an EU user you end up with just over (?) 50% rev. Then, if you're like me, you pay an EXTRA 30% in income tax at the EOFY in your home country.