• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - General Marketplace not working?

rIKmAN

For me I can use gamemaker to get my extensions, but the huge issue for me is I can't get on my marketplace publshers page, so I can't update any of my extensions (which luckilly theres no need to currently) but more importantly I am required to report ALL my earnings every 2 weeks, last week was week 1 i failed to do so because the market place is down and I really need this issue resolved before my next report is due.
Everything is working fine for me, only thing I haven't tested is purchasing a paid asset (though Impurchased my own private asset and downloaded it) but browsing, my publisher page, my library etc all work.

I actually created and released an extension while everyone has been having these issues, so I'm wondering if it's location based or some issue with the propagation of the changes they've made to other servers.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
How difficult would it be to port your game to different platforms?
Knowing how assembly works: effing impossible. Period. You'd have to rewrite everything. This is why we moved over to C ages ago... :p

J

JinXter

Everything is working fine for me, only thing I haven't tested is purchasing a paid asset (though Impurchased my own private asset and downloaded it) but browsing, my publisher page, my library etc all work.

I actually created and released an extension while everyone has been having these issues, so I'm wondering if it's location based or some issue with the propagation of the changes they've made to other servers.
Do you have a Steam license?

L

Lulpin

Browsing the marketplace while not logged in works fine, but when I log in that's when the problem starts. I've tried the following browsers, with identical results:
Chromium (older version)
Chromium (new version)
Firefox
Firefox portable
Internet explorer
Midori
Android

It worked fine a couple months ago. I have a steam license (humble bundle).

I'm trying to buy some things and this problem is making it very difficult.

J

JinXter

I've have licences bought through both the YYG website and through Steam, but I use the standalone version - if that's what you are asking?
Yes, I think it's the people that (only) have a Steam license that are affected. With a new account I can browse the marketplace just fine, but when I try to link it to my Steam license, I get the error message. I believe that a YYG license will work...

A

Axyl

How difficult would it be to port your game to different platforms? Isn't it limited to the Windows platform (UWP?) ?
Anything Windows based pretty easy (x86, x64, and UWP).

Other platforms not so easy, not extremely difficult. But not so interested in the mobile platforms here.

J

JinXter

Anything Windows based pretty easy (x86, x64, and UWP).

Other platforms not so easy, not extremely difficult. But not so interested in the mobile platforms here.
Unfortunately, I really want my game to work on as many platforms as possible.

L

Lulpin

Can't believe I actually had to figure out a workaround just to use the marketplace.

I remembered that I had an old free account, so I logged into that and the market place worked fine. But since it was a free account, I couldn't add anything into my cart. So what I ended up doing was keeping the assets page loaded in another tab, then logging into my primary account in a new tab, then going back to the old tab and clicking the purchase button. It complained for a second about not being a paid account, then it auto-refreshed and added the item into the cart when it realized that I was logged into a proper account now.

Thinking more about this, I bet you don't even need a second account. Just keep the page up for the item you want to buy, then log in on a new tab.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rossinabook

Just to follow up on my issue, where the marketplace would load (not signed in) if using Chome's incognito mode, it turns out once I logon (via incognito) and try to access the marketplace from my account page, I get the same error every time:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.
Please wait a few moments and try again.
If this problem persists, contact the helpdesk.

J

JinXter

Just to follow up on my issue, where the marketplace would load (not signed in) if using Chome's incognito mode, it turns out once I logon (via incognito) and try to access the marketplace from my account page, I get the same error every time:

I still have that same error, but there's a workaround: while not logged in, navigate to the asset you want to buy. Keep that tab open, and log in on another tab/window. Then, click buy on the previous tab and you'll be able to buy the asset just fine

W

Wraithious

I still have that same error, but there's a workaround: while not logged in, navigate to the asset you want to buy. Keep that tab open, and log in on another tab/window. Then, click buy on the previous tab and you'll be able to buy the asset just fine
That doesnt work for me, ive tried on my phone and computer, does NOT work, I'm a publisher on the market place and altho I can sometimes log in, thats it, if i try to go to my publishers conse it kicks me off, this needs to be fixed theres tons if people in the same boat. @rwkay any status updates on this?

R

Roscoe.Zhao

I noticed the same problem since more than a week ago.
Today I checked again and I actually logged in marketplace, and bought an item, successfully

BUT after I made the payment:

WTF... I can't even download it from my Purchase History page, it shows same error message
Help please?

J

Jasur

--"We're sorry, but something went wrong.
If this problem persists, contact the helpdesk."--

This message appearing when I'm login to my account and enter to marketplace page.

Any news about solving this problem? I'm waiting 2 weeks. Will you fix this or not?

R

rossinabook

Those of us who can't logon to the Marketplace - are we all Humble Bundle customers by any chance?
Tech support is asking their web guys to fix a problem the web guys can't see, and my money's on it being an account problem, possibly because of the difference between normal GM customers and the Humble Bundle people.
Just a thought...

J

JinXter

Those of us who can't logon to the Marketplace - are we all Humble Bundle customers by any chance?
Tech support is asking their web guys to fix a problem the web guys can't see, and my money's on it being an account problem, possibly because of the difference between normal GM customers and the Humble Bundle people.
Just a thought...
Yes, I'm a Humble Bundle user. I think we already found out that it's people using the Steam version vs. people who have bought it through yoyogames...

W

Wraithious

Just a thought...
Not sure but I am a publisher on there and a humble bundle customer as well, so possibly?
As for fixing something they can't see i don't know about that, we've given them all the information they've asked for, even posted it in this thread and possibly other threads as well.
But @JinXter I am not a steam customer and still can't log in or if i can it kicks me out as soon as i try anything account related some ******* hacker with a stick in their *** is seeing to it that we can't do anything account related

slojanko

Does anyone have problems getting a payout to work? I've reached the threshold in January, which should be paid at the end of March or April if I understand correctly.

klys

same problem, this has happeng from months now, who the 💩💩💩💩 is not doing his job here? Come on!

MAY 6 2018

-------------EDIT-----------SOLVED------------

It solve the problem by cleaning the cache!

That is it!

Thank you for who reply that solution!

Last edited:
G

GMMG

Helpdesk just redirect me to the main help page. Any solution? Happens when I try to buy
Get the same messages. Tried to buy on 12th and 13th of July 2018 on marketplace
within the GMS2 engine and three different browsers.

Last edited by a moderator: