GameMaker Marketplace Error?

Ednei

Market.png

Marketplace Error?

I'm trying to upload my project to the Marketplace.

However, when I try to upload the following message appears: Error 413 Request Entity Too Large

My compressed design has the size of 40 megs, according to the instructions the allowed size is 50 megs.

I have already opened a support ticket, and am awaiting response.

Is this error happening to someone else?

Ednei.

JaimitoEs

The problem still continues. Although I opened a ticket on the media, the problem still persists.
Same here with a 22,3 mb file, the same project than the already uploaded Gms1 version, but in GMS2 imposible....
I tested with two different internet connections, thinking is a problem of my conecction service but no.... same problem again. Have you found a solution?

Ednei

Same here with a 22,3 mb file, the same project than the already uploaded Gms1 version, but in GMS2 imposible....
I tested with two different internet connections, thinking is a problem of my conecction service but no.... same problem again. Have you found a solution?
My project was published, but I did not have to do any special procedure for that. I made a support ticket. I tried for a few days and then my project was posted.

I am getting the same issue. How do you know what the size of your package is? Is it the same size as your .yyz package? (Mine in 46.6MB)

I noticed that there is a location in the developer console under "versions" where you can upload your first or updated version from the internet browser, but it doesn't indicate what type of file it is looking for. I thought I would try my .yyz package. No luck. It says "You must select the correct GameMaker Studio asset."

D

Deleted member 16767

Seems like the marketplace upload server has reached its capacity or is offline due to unknown circumstances?

D

Deleted member 16767

I am getting the same issue. How do you know what the size of your package is? Is it the same size as your .yyz package? (Mine in 46.6MB)

I noticed that there is a location in the developer console under "versions" where you can upload your first or updated version from the internet browser, but it doesn't indicate what type of file it is looking for. I thought I would try my .yyz package. No luck. It says "You must select the correct GameMaker Studio asset."
I'm not sure... I tried uploading a smaller asset package from GMS:2 and it went through.
I don't know. Maybe it's bandwidth related. Like when mmos queue you up when they've reached a capacity for their rented servers. I'm not a web developer nor a professional network programmer.

I tried uploading my project again today and got a different error message this time. Interesting. However, I discovered something that might be the key to getting this to work.

When you go to the publisher console on yoyogames, select your asset and click "versions," you have the option to upload your asset straight from your web browser. I thought it might take the .yyz package but it didn't. However, I looked up the asset cache directory (from preferences > general settings > paths), and visited that directory. In there, I found a yymp file the size of my game package, so I tried uploading that to the publisher console. It took the file! However, when I tried to click "save" it gave an error saying "error 503 backend fetch failed" Apparently, this error means that the server isn't functioning. I suspect this is a reason why I got a different error when I tried uploading from GMS2. I'll try again later and hopefully I will be able to get through.

I got an email from Yoyogames today saying that they are aware of the issue and are in an ongoing investigation to resolve it. They also said that projects under 20mb have been found more likely to upload successfully.

Fingers crossed!