• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Marketplace Assets Don't Replace?

TecmagDiams

So I have started back into programming recently after a really long period of inactivity. I had upgraded to GMS2 when it came out because I wanted to make sure I got the discount as I knew I'd come back to it eventually.

Long story short I manage a couple projects at a time when I'm programming because I like to do whatever feels interesting to me at the moment. I looked through threads when I needed to share objects from one of my projects to another (UI stuff mostly right now) and I found that the only effective way to do this is using the Marketplace and unlisted items and the like.

So I did all that and then found out a new problem. Does importing something from your marketplace library no replace existing files? That's a pain because it means that I need to remove the original files, import the new ones, and then reset any parent-child relationships...

Is there anywhere to update existing assets in one project that you have a newer version of in another?