• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - General Marketplace and Payment question

N

Niandra

Hi there! Sorry if this is the wrong place, it seemed most fitting. I've read through the terms and some of the help pages but I'd appreciate some extra clear up.

If I place something on the Marketplace which costs money, when do I receive that payment? I've gotten a few sales already and would like further explanation

"At the end of every month we will evaluate your total money from 60 days ago + the amount of days to the end of the month (which is why we say 90 days, adding on the month). If your amount after our 30% cut and VAT has exceeded $100 then we shall release your funds."
If I don't hit this, do I not receive *anything* at all? What if I exceed $100 over a longer period of time? Do I just need to hit $100 in this period of time once and then in future money is given to me straight away? Thanks so much in advance for extra insight you guys can provide!

(This isn't my first time selling code - I've been writing Garry's Mod scripts for a few years now and have made a few thousand dollars. However, the system I'm used to is receiving payment as soon as a buyer purchases the script while Paypal takes a curtain cut. Obviously it's my responsibility to have read up on this stuff before submitting something but it's still quite discouraging)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
When your total over time exceeds the given amount ($100 clear, after cut and tax) you will be paid in the next payment rollout. So, say you accumulate $120 over four months, at the end of the fourth month you will be added to the next rollout payment and you'll receive the money. You then need to accumulate a total over $100 again to get the next payment, and on it goes... Check out this helpdesk article: http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217380797-Publisher-When-will-I-get-my-money-

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
@Nocturne - with regards to the other part of the question 'what if I never hit the threshold', there used to be a clause they they'd pay the balance after 2 years (?? from memory - duration might have differed).

Doesn't seem that this is in the MP Agreement any more. Is this no longer the case?
Yes, that was the case, but I believe it's being revised towards one year (which may explain why it's not in currently). I'll try and find out 100% what the situation is...

zbox

GMC Elder
It's a real shame that it's a 100$ payout.

In my experience things like Advertising services have payout bars and I understand that. You didnt really "make" that money, its a representation of something you've done and confirmed to be valid by reaching an amount. The sale of an asset is a one to one transaction and whether you made $2 or $200 dollars they are still something that you exchanged for a price and fairly earned, analigious to how you get payouts on the google play and iOS store for in app purchases and app purchases no matter how much or little you make. I am highly suspicious of this being treated as a nice little accumulator for YYG, as the GM market share is small and the portion of people using GM who actively utilize the marketplace and are willing to pay for assets is an even smaller demographic.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'd much rather get a monthly hit of $100+, rather than dribs and drabs of 99c here and there. That's just me though.

Even still, you'd have to wait 60 days for tha 99c due to credit card refunds etc in the case of a dispute.
And the company has to pay a transaction fee for everything too, so sending out a thousand 99c payments means a thousand transaction fees...

R

resjay

we buy gms by bank account ,why marketplay can not ? why do we use paypal ? we lost many credit for this

zbox

GMC Elder
Highly doubt that 100$ is the necessary limit to make balancing transaction fees OK. Services like adfly pay out of a 5$ minimum. Re "dribs and drabs of 99c" argument, good luck ever ever getting to the threshold at that rate at ALL.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Highly doubt that 100$ is the necessary limit to make balancing transaction fees OK. Services like adfly pay out of a 5$ minimum. Re "dribs and drabs of 99c" argument, good luck ever ever getting to the threshold at that rate at ALL.
So far I've made over $3000 in marketplace asset sales. Luck has nothing to do with it. Make assets that people want and that are well written and documented. :)

H

Huder

If you not hit 100$ then you will get money after 8 months i believe.

zbox

GMC Elder
So far I've made over $3000 in marketplace asset sales. Luck has nothing to do with it. Make assets that people want and that are well written and documented. :)
I'm not saying that that isn't the way to make money off the marketplace, however a lot of other people might reach the threshold either very infrequently, and what I said about a one to one transaction for a product still applies.

Also consider you are a privileged member of the community and you have a lot higher grounds for A. trust and B. promotion seeing as you post in just about every topic there is to exist. I'm not downplaying your content or saying you shouldn't self promote, I think you do great work, but just keep in mind that as you are in that position the amount you made is probably by far in the high percentiles compared to most other people, i.e. an exception.

zbox

GMC Elder
Agreed - Don't get me wrong I'm not really here to compete in the Marketplace. I just want to put it out there that $100 is a very high payout level for transactions that are, once again, one to one. I understand that there are transaction fees etc., but that would be well covered by making the payouts occur at $5, $10 etc. payout levels as many many other sites do and I suspect that if YYG wanted to in the future they could and hopefully do adopt this.