Marketplace Analytics Rant

I

icuurd12b42

Yoyo be like, Here's 167.97 bucks

Me be like, thanks! what's the date range?

Yoyo be like use the analytics..

me be like - FOR WHAT DATE RANGE IS THIS?

Yoyo be like ...

Me - Heloooo? what range?

Yoyo - ...

I've been playing with the analytics for days now. I simply can't correlate any of my payments. not a single one...

B

benface

Yeah it's pretty terrible. I really wish they would give us a "balance". I have to keep track of all the payments they've sent me and add them together to figure out how much they owe me. Ridiculous.

I

icuurd12b42

Is there some sort of law that's broken here?

And I just found out Paypal does not go back far enough in time for me to go to the first payment and figure things out from the start...

@

@Alex@

Oh god Market Place analytics are atrocious. Half the time you put in a range and it just doesn't load properly. You can't see where sales correlate to your payments so you can't see what the next payment is due.

I

icuurd12b42

Oh god Market Place analytics are atrocious. Half the time you put in a range and it just doesn't load properly. You can't see where sales correlate to your payments so you can't see what the next payment is due.
You may be interested in my marketplace analytics grease/tampermonkey mod
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...y-userscripts-to-make-your-life-easier.13534/

3 quick taps on the Previous Mount button from the current month and you'll know what you'll get

I

icuurd12b42

I'm aware of your scripts, they are some good work. They frankly just highlight how bad YoYo Games implementation actually is.
They definitely don't know about database indexing either. a 2 months report blows the server...

Well the web stuff and database server was my job in the 90's. It's easy for me to point out flaws in execution.

What strikes me is the lack of "fixing"...most the issues they have could be fixed in a day

S

signal

They're extremely busy with GMS 2. You can't expect any of their current services or products to be in working order.

S

signal

Perhaps they should get their services in working order before focusing their efforts?
I couldn't agree more. It seems they're putting the vast majority of their resources towards GMS 2, however.