1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Mark Forums Read button

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by BaBiA Game Studio, Jun 23, 2016.

1. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

I am loving the new style of the forums, but there is just one thing that gets to me every time I come here:
    The Mark Forums Read button is only at the top of the forum itself.

Personally I ready topics from the top to the bottom, so when I have finally finished reading everything I am staring at the bottom of the forum and have to then scroll back to the top to click the Mark Forums Read button.

Would it perhaps be possible to have the button also appear on the bottom bar of the forum? Where there is already a footer that has Forum on it?

Not a biggie, but just something I thought of, and can fully understand if this can't be done or is not wanted.

iTzCallumUK likes this.
  2. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

This should really have gone in the forum issues topic... but now you've got my attention I'll look see what we can do as I can see why people would want it. ;)

3. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

Ah, sorry. Just saw a couple of other topics that people had posted with suggestions for changes, and as this wasn't strictly a problem/bug with the forum I thought I would do the same. I'll get it right next time (if I have a suggestion) :)

Nocturne likes this.
  4. Mike

Mike nobody important GMC Elder

I've already asked for something like this to be added..... I hate not having it :)

iTzCallumUK likes this.
  5. roytheshort

roytheshort The Village Idiot

But you are the guy in charge, who did you ask?

6. Yal

Yal GMC Memer GMC Elder

He's probably to busy making GM itself to care about petty things like the forum, that's Nocturne's job last time I checked :p

7. roytheshort

Don't be silly, he's like the President of the United States! He controls the world and can micro-manage everything!

8. Charyb

Charyb Member

I thought Edward Snowden exposed that Mark Overmars is actually the secret CEO of YoYo Games a while ago.

9. roytheshort

Mark Overmars is a former football.

10. Yal

Yal GMC Memer GMC Elder

Roy is a current football, at least judging by his avatar. Does that mean he will replace Mark Overmars as the CEO?!

11. roytheshort

If I was the CEO of Yoyogames this whole place would be on fire.

12. Yal

Yal GMC Memer GMC Elder

Wait, wasn't the spilling-strawberry-milkshakes-on-servers thing supposed to be used to put them out when they caught on fire? Does that mean they aren't on fire all the time...?

13. TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko Q&A Spawn Camper Forum Staff Moderator

Please cut down on the off topic... this is Community Chat, not Off Topic. ;)

Yal and Nocturne like this.
  14. Nocturne

Okay, forums should now have a "mark as read" button at the bottom after all the threads... :)

15. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

I can see it in each forum section (below the list of all the topics in that section), but can't see it on the main page of the forum. That was actually where I was suggesting it should be. I have refreshed the forum, just in case it was cached, but can only see the new button inside each forum section. :(

16. Nocturne

Ah, no, sorry, I misunderstood then. I can see about fixing that too though!