Marajuana

GMWolf

aka fel666
Dear god so much disinformation and crap about one of nature's most intriguing substances. The topic OP didn't really say much (and tbh, if I'd seen this later I'd have closed it... If you are going to make a topic asking people's opinion at least GIVE YOUR OWN to start with...), yet everyone here is jumping on the idea that the only thing you can do with marijuana is smoke it and get high. This is NOT the case and it's actually got so many chemicals that are proved to be beneficial to humans on so many levels that you'd be amazed.

For example, Parkinson's disease:

That's just one example of how the drug can help someone, but it can help arthritis sufferers, cancer patients (and potentially help cure some types of cancer), epilepsy, and people with chronic pain. And that's just for starters! Sadly however, due to it being more/as illegal as heroin and other class A substances, research into the different substances within different strains of cannabis plants has been very slow and difficult, although it appears that in many European and in the US this is starting to relax and actual proper studies and trials are being done.

I'd also like to note that on the subject of marijuana as a recreational drug, extensive studies have shown that ALCOHOL is more dangerous than crack or heroin and that marijuana is a fair bit further down the list than that. Also note, that unlike almost every other recreative drug out there, people that use it are not violent or aggressive or lose control of themselves and generally do no harm to anyone. In fact most of the "stoner" ideas out there are complete stereotypes and have only a minor grounding in reality, and from what I've read on the subject the only time it is dangerous to use is if you are under 20 (since it can stunt brain development and easier form addiction) or have some kind of mental illness. This article is a pretty good (although very shallow) explanation of some of the myths of using cannabis.

Also note that the reason why it's illegal in the US have far more to do with politics and the wish to control mexican immigrants (and give a department with nothing to do something to do). In the rest of the world it comes from political, racial, and religious reasons (Sharia law being one of them!) which are waaaaay to complex and involved to explain here, so I'll just link this and recommend that people inform themselves before talking about it: http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/how-did-marijuana-become-illegal-first-place

tl; dr:

So, marijuana, or more correctly called cannabis, has been proven to be beneficial in dozens of medical cases, has no real bad side effects, does far less damage than most other recreational substances (including legal ones), and was widely used and considered completely benign by most of the world until people started politicising it's use as an easy way to get votes/money/control.

Can you guys at least inform yourselves before talking about stuff like this? ;)
I was slightly suprised by that answer from you,N Then again, you are from Spain...

Not implying Nocturne smokes (seems pretty clear that he's talking purely about medical), but I can almost guarantee that most of you know at least a few stoners, but don't know THAT they're stoners. Only the idiots go on wildly about it. Most of us smoke privately in our leisure time and manage to live happy, successful lives despite some of the fear mongering in this thread, just like everyone else who doesn't smoke.

woodsmoke

The illegality of cannabis is weird. When I was in school I could get weed from multiple sources. Now as an adult I can hardly get anything. It should be the other way around. Like with alcohol.

GMWolf

aka fel666
I live in Spain, but I'm not from Spain... ;)
My bad.
I knew that too, just wrote it wrong.

Still surprised (in a good way) that this thread hasn't suffered a blow by the ban hammer. I would contribute but many have made the same points I would.

[Edit]
Oh, actually there is something I haven't seen discussed.
Schizophrenia has been linked to canabis usage, but mostly recreational canabis with high thc concentration.
Médicinal canabis has low, or no THC and high concentration of CBD.
CBD would (according to some) counteract the long-term effects of THC, though I have not concrete evidence to present.
I believe the danger comes when plants get made to have very high THC concentration, or when used as an oil.
Then it's the equivalent of drinking hard liquor vs having a beer.

Of course hard liquor is fine to have once in a while, but if you see someone chugging down a bottle of whiskey, you know their liver probably isn't in a good shape.

Last edited:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

I'm unsubscribing from this before I'm on my next man-period. lel

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Still surprised (in a good way) that this thread hasn't suffered a blow by the ban hammer. I would contribute but many have made the same points I would.
The thread hasn't been locked because (so far) it's been quite an interesting discussion... as long as nobody actively promotes the use of drugs then discussing the ramifications of such things is fine (and it's good to see a - fairly - mature discussion on the GMC for once... ;) ).

On the topic of marijuana and mental illness... as I mentioned in my original post right at the start of this topic, ANY psychotropic or mind altering substance (yes, including alcohol) will always exacerbate any mental illness, and it's no suprise that cannabis is linked to schizophrenia and other disorders, especially given how easy it s to get hold of. However, studies seem to indicate that it doesn't cause mental illness, but just brings forward it's symptoms and makes them more likely to manifest themselves. Also note, that (again as I mentioned) when used by younger people (under 20-ish) the risk is FAR greater of developing such illnesses, mainly due to the brain being in chemical imbalance from adolescence.

Long and short of it, if you're under 20 DON'T USE CANNABIS, and if you have any form of potential mental illness or there is a history of mental illness in your family (depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, etc...) then DON'T USE IT. Otherwise it appears to be pretty harmless in moderation.

Further reading:

https://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/BLOG/DOES-CANNABIS-CAUSE-MENTAL-ILLNESS
https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mental-he...nd-mental-health-information-for-young-people
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicati...k-between-marijuana-use-psychiatric-disorders
https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/...l-health-marijuana-affect-mental-health/#gref

Roa

I don't mind it, it should be legal so long as you aren't driving. I've smoked it myself. but pot heads and people who defend it just say the dumbest 💩💩💩💩 out about it. They shouldn't have to defend it, but they still feel the need, and so they go through great lengths to prove its medicinal purposes. People claim it stops Parkinson, and cancer, pain and epilepsy and all this over crazy stuff because someone at some point reduced symptoms with it once, but in reality, It literally treats absolutely nothing. People that act like its a miracle from god drive me nuts.

It's just a sedative and relaxant, and honestly not that effective of one. For some people it works well especially for those where medications don't work when their body rejects things and its all they got left, but the reality is, that drugs manufactured and designed to target your problems and actually cure them/provide targeted relief, generations in the making by people who have been doing this their whole live are going to do better than some hallucination plant which just cuts your brain out and makes your body at rest lol. The number of people who have benefited from it are minor, and most of it is just placebo by people that just enjoy the experience and defend it.

Yes, it can stop your muscle spasms and pain while you are high as a kite or have THC in your blood, but that's just because your brain is firing off somewhere else and as soon as the THC is gone from your blood and done 💩💩💩💩ing with your brain, it starts all over again. Smoking it is just as bad as cigarettes and actually more habit forming. Have you ever seen the resin in a bowl after a few tokes? That is going right into your lungs caking them up, and they didn't even have to engineer additives like cigarettes to do it lol. It kills your awareness and reaction time too, and the ability to think clearly. Its like smoke able alcohol that doesn't make people angry and emotional lol.

I've been around enough pot heads to know, it definitely becomes imperative. I let a friend drive us home who was baked out of his mind, he was going 15mph under the speed limit and failed to stop at every single red light along the way. We were sooooo damn lucky we didn't get pulled over cause this was driving down town 3am in the morning where cops are looking for people like us. It was harder to be anymore obvious or suspicious lmao. I couldn't believe that 💩💩💩💩. One time he did stop, he stopped right in the middle of the damn intersection not even in his lane...the light was green. It was funny, but also kinda scary knowing if we got busted, everyone in the car was probably going to jail for the amount he had. We hotboxed that night and woke up in his garage XD

People enjoy what they enjoy, but saying its healthy, or even worse, cures things beyond very temporary symptom control, is right out. Just smoke it to smoke it if you like the buzz.

L

Lonewolff

Yes, it can stop your muscle spasms and pain while you are high as a kite or have THC in your blood, but that's just because your brain is firing off somewhere else and as soon as the THC is gone from your blood and done ****ing with your brain, it starts all over again.
Isn't that what any anesthetic does?

L

Lonewolff

Yeah, but again, its targeted, last longer, stronger with lower dosage, and you can control and predict the sideffects of taking it a hell of a lot better. Anesthetic is designed with purpose.
A general anesthetic is targetted is it?

Many anesthetic's are derived from opioids. "Cocaine with a purpose" you might say.

Roa

lmao, opioids!= cocaine. Opioids are effective when paired with other chemicals and aren't abused. Its all about how much, when, and how you consume it. You can literally find that stuff in seeds they put on you burger buns and in beers and it has zero adverse effects.

L

Lonewolff

Ah well, I admit I am not as well versed in drugs as you are. The users generally know their stuff. ;)

Roa

Ah well, I admit I am not as well versed in drugs as you are. The users generally know their stuff. ;)
drugs do all kinds of crazy stuff man. Right now, in Canton/akron/massillon Ohio USA, we have a heroin epidemic. So much so, that all law enforcement and first responders are required to carry Narcan. The purpose of Narcan is to snap people out of overdoses and regulate their heart and its a good cure, but people discovered that actually mixing it with heroin vs taking it after its already partially broken down in their body can actually drastically amplify the effects of the drug. instead of latching into the chemicals its supposed to after heroin starts taking effect, it mixes it into a new compound. It's just one of many examples of why timing, dosage, and consumption is a big part of using these chemicals. First responders started getting anxious about possibly killing overdosers for simply giving them the Narcan too soon, and even shipments of the 💩💩💩💩 are being robbed at gunpoint lol.

Something simply having opioids doesn't make it like cocaine lol. Drugs are a LOT more complicated than that. There is a reason this stuff is engineered so fine, and it takes like 12 years of schooling to even get into this league. Nothing is ever that simple.

@Roa medicinally, the goal is to get the CBD component of marijuana without the THC, or rather, find the optimum blend of THC and CBD for specific medical problems. CBD does not have a hallucinogenic effect but does have various medicinal properties, especially in relation to seizures (my mom has epilepsy, I know a fair bit about how it works medicinally). The idea you have that it only medically works because people are high out of their minds is totally incorrect. The endocannabinoid system is a part of the human body, which naturally produces endocannabinoids for various purposes, completely unrelated to whether you consume marijuana. Both THC and CBD effect this system in different ways (as well as the various other cannabinoids found in marijuana, though THC and CBD are the most prevalent). So by producing drugs that mimic CBD, or using extracts from plants that have been engineered to contain the correct dosages of THC and CBD, they can target specific problems. In the exact same way that extracts or synthesized drugs mimicking the effects of poppy seeds have medicinal properties. It's not about getting high, it's about literally using medical science to treat problems.

With that said, I'm not defending the "cures cancer" type people or the people who consider it a literal cure-all for everything. But it definitely has medicinal properties beyond getting you high and with the number of people dying from opioid addiction across the world, I would think any sane person would be interested in safer alternative drugs. As has been said many, many times over, basically no-one dies from consuming too much marijuana, especially medicinally (getting way too high and doing something stupid like driving can kill you, but pure consumption of weed will not, the same cannot be said for opioids).

Pfap

Such drugs make people dependеnt in high degree. Dependency is close to slavery. In the past everything that ruins the nation was forbidden because if people are weak the state is weak. Now that is a bit different in many aspects so people can destroy their lives easily. In my country people are smoking from 10-12 years old and in 16 most are seriously drinking. They think it is good to share that in a company but consequences are on their own.
Drinking and later smoking are the pleasures of the plebs. Although all people have brains not all of them can use them properly and they can not feed them except with hogwash, they can not feel the enjoyment of creating something with their hands or brains. But drinking give such a pleasure. "Wine or cinema - it is the same". When they became 30-40 years old you can feel their brains are damaged. Drugs are even worse. Don't expect anything good from such people.

The reason to forbid such drugs officially are 2. First, people can get easy in the trap and can not exit it. It was never released in game, maybe I will do, but when the enemy can ruin your units or make them dependent with drugs you will ban that (or not - the player will have a choice :)).
The second reason is that such a business is not regulated, no taxes, no competition so if you have enough black and white power you can do the business. It is your private business and noone can interfere in it, like a feudal, or a master of slaves in the good old times and the income will be huge. If it is legalized that is to put you on the next step - something most serious which should be illegal (because of the incomes). People think illegal means out of control but it really means in the absolute control. They want your money and you decide.
I want to drink. I want to create. There are always exceptions... like Edgar Allen Poe or more modern Russel Crowe. Still nobody knows what the future holds. I think you are wrong in stating an absolute that they "can not feel the enjoyment of creating something with their hands".

As far as my opinion on marijuana, I lean more Libertarian, which is the position of almost chaos...
I prefer to think of it this way:
More problems will come from trying to prevent people from smoking, than will come from allowing them to smoke.

So, the choice becomes, more problems or less problems... which is a pretty pointless choice.

GMWolf

aka fel666
@Roa
Remember that medical marijuana contain CBD, not THC.
you don't get high from CBD, yet it is prescribed to many people. That is because of can have positive effects.
That is why the FDA approved it for seizure patients.
In fact it is more effective than many other drugs used to treat seizures.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00413961

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1525505013004629

As for use Parkinsons, anti inflammatory, depression and pain there are also a bunch of papers. Would link them here but really I would just be copying a bunch of links from Google scholar.

As for its recreational use.. well it's like everything else, ain't it? If you are going to, Use responsibility.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Yeah, but again, its targeted, last longer, stronger with lower dosage, and you can control and predict the sideffects of taking it a hell of a lot better. Anesthetic is designed with purpose.
Tell that to the opiod epidemic
Smoking it is just as bad as cigarettes
Except you don't have to smoke it for medicinal use. In fact you don't have to smoke it at all.
You could vape it, ingest it, etc.
Yes, it can stop your muscle spasms and pain while you are high as a kite or have THC in your blood, but that's just because your brain is firing off somewhere else and as soon as the THC is gone from your blood and done ****ing with your brain, it starts all over again.
Again, not THC needed. Mostly CBD. Also there are no cures for epilepsy short of a lobotomy. But there are treatments, and canabis seems to be an effective alternative to other existing treatments.

[Edit] #@%!&!!! I got roped into a canabis discussion !

Last edited: