• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Manually add exception to firewall?

M

maelstrom

I'm having problems with the debugger - stuck at "waiting to connect"

I've checked the docs but they make no mention of manually adding an exception to the firewall - they just breeze over it assuming you say "yes" if windows offers to add an exception to the windows firewall. I mean, what if I'm using a 3rd party firewall?

Can the docs be amended to accomodate this?

rIKmAN

I'm having problems with the debugger - stuck at "waiting to connect"

I've checked the docs but they make no mention of manually adding an exception to the firewall - they just breeze over it assuming you say "yes" if windows offers to add an exception to the windows firewall. I mean, what if I'm using a 3rd party firewall?

Can the docs be amended to accomodate this?
Have you added it manually and are just asking for the docs to be updated, or are you stuck and asking how to do it?

M

maelstrom

I haven't added it manually - which program do you add as an exception? Where is it located, what's it called, what port?

I think it's fair to suggest, if users didn't catch the windows firewall 'add this as an exception' then they\re left scratching their heads. Would be nice to have manual instructions in case that happens or if a user is running a 3rd party firewall.