• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Making pixel animations fast / diverse animations

YoKoNo

Hi,

I'm not an artist sadly, and most of my sprite art consists of 32 x 32 square block.

Can anyone recommend any good ways of making simple 2d pixel art animations fast and for the novice. I dont think a course on making pixel art would assist me as I'm not really a lover of drawing art. But I do like to make games.
I've seen the spine software which looks good for adding a skeleton to a sprite then animating from there.

I'd like to make lots of simple walking, idle, running animations using say a static sprite so 1 image or an image that is made of lots of parts (arms,torso,legs) for each but then adding in the skeleton framework so essentially they all run the same or the movement is re-usable for another sprite with minor tweeks.

Anyone doing something similar or suggest an option!

Niels

Tbh as soon as you get to animating and drawing scenes, pixelart is actually really slow to draw. For my latest project I drew everything in a vector program and converted the art to png, which goes a lot faster for me.