1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Making 'location' and 'from' more consistent

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by GMWolf, Jun 21, 2016.

1. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

In the profile page, you can set your 'location'
    but it shows up as 'from' on the rest of the forum.

Maybe its because im not nativly english, but i feel like 'from' and 'location' mean two separate things.
    From is where you are from (ie, French for me).
    Location is where you are currently living (Newcastle).

Im guessing the actuall question asked is where you are from, not where you currently live...
    This should probably be made more clear when editing a profile.

2. BretHudson

BretHudson Member

There certainly is a distinction. As far as the forum goes, it's safe it assume it's where they currently are located, but could definitely use a tweak in wording. Perhaps bring it up in the Forum Issues thread? Maybe not, since it's not an "issue" but more of a typo-esq problem.

3. Yal

Yal GMC Memer GMC Elder

I'm more concerned with how typing in something like "Location: My personal hell" shows up at "From: My personal hell" everywhere. My life isn't that bad. x3
    But on a serious note, it kinda messes up any sort of non-serious location you'd type in.

BretHudson likes this.
  4. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

pfffff... You guys love to nit pick! However, I'll look into it... Shouldn't be too difficult to sort out. :)

bdmarvel and Yal like this.
  5. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

I forgot to mention that I sorted this issue, and it's now consistent across the forums.