• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Making executable (windows) need visual studio 14..

Niels

Hi everyone,

I bought gm:studio2 yesterday to make a executable of my game concept. but it failed because I haven't got the right path linked to visual studio in the preferences...

I DO have visual studio 2015(?) installed on my pc (think it came with Unity), but when I try to link to it in gm:studio2 it can't find it.

So do I need the IDE, team services, or studio code from the microsoft visual studio site? Or do I need a older version?

C

Christoffer Karlsson

I have a bug where i have to remove the cache file in %appdata% every now and then, or else it fail to run / compile
Have reported it, just wanted to let you know if you have the same problem.

Niels

not yet, tried it with the guide nocturne linked and it works well now :)
1 more question: is it possible to make a 1 time executable (.exe) like in gm:studio 1.4? can only seem to compile to installers

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
The compiled exe is not available in 2.0. The tools are outdated and you don't get all the extra files that may be required to run the game. The recommended way is to make an installer, but you can also make a ZIP of the files.