• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Making an Android Step Tracker Walking App - possible in GM2?

otterZ

Is it possible to make an Android phone step counter walking app in Gamemaker?

The idea I have in my imagination, would be a free app to make walking fun, with virtual routes, similar to Virtual Walk for IOS or the worldwalking.org site. Where you could pick a virtual route, such as a hiking trail and hike that route virtually with information, pictures and audio files about the trail popping up / unlocking when you reach certain points, plus rewards and badges etc. (Not an app like 'Map My Walk' where it tracks and records a walking route in real life via GPS - virtual routes instead, such as from Lands End to John O' Groats etc).

I know there are many walking apps out there already, but it would be just fun to make one anyhow and if it did motivate a few people to walk more there is a feel good feeling to that. I certainly need motivation to walk more.

I am using GM2 to develop games on Steam, but have not developed mobile apps in GM before, but previously developed Android apps using LUA in the past for a different game engine. So I would be very grateful if there are any experienced GM2 Android app developers reading this post who can advise me on this.

Last edited: