• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Making a Tycoon-style game - any tutorials available?

D

Darkhog

Okay, I'd like to make a Tycoon-style (think Gamedev Tycoon, nothing really complex) game in GM. The reason I want to use GMS 1.4 is that I got it when it was given away for free (the Standard deal) and I simply can't afford GMS 2 (and I have other uses for $100 anyway, like Steam Direct fee).

I've tried to look for GM tutorials for that kind of game, however I've been unable to find one as I've kept bumping into either GMS2 tutorials or GMS 1.x tutorials that pertained to other types of games such as platformers or shmups. Do you know of any Tycoon game tutorials available?