Making a mini-documentary on indie devs - Who is interested in being interviewed?

W

Widget

This is for a college course I'm in. The goal is to make a 5-10 minute-long film, and I've chosen to make a documentary on independent video game developers (you guys!).

Everyone is free to ask for an interview, whether you're a student or you program in your bedroom, also it doesn't matter if game dev is your hobby or source of income. I'd like as many interviewees as possible so the only hurdle would be scheduling. The interviews will be conducted via Discord, vocally, so if you're interested say so here or PM me your details to get set up.

Some topics I'll be bringing up is the lack of curation in digital storefronts and how competitive the market is.

The sort of information I'm looking for is the struggles and conflicts of being a game dev, such as external obligations, difficulties of visibility and motivation.

I'll also need small pieces of information on the game you're working on, such as how long it's been since you started and a screenshot of what you have so far. Don't feel embarrassed with what you have in the pipeline, the idea is to show all sorts of states a video game projects could look like.

By the end, all interviews will be featured in a YouTube video - I'll post about it when the time comes!

I don't know if your still pending for this, but I know a guy that's probably interested in something like this, Send me a message if you need more information.

W

Widget

I don't know if your still pending for this, but I know a guy that's probably interested in something like this, Send me a message if you need more information.
Oh jeez, uh, I already made the video and passed the course earlier this year. >_>

I managed to get a hold of three people on Discord, which was just the right amount for a 5 minute video. Honestly I forgot I asked on this forum, thanks for the info anyway I guess.

I

iBlackpen

Thanks for sharing this. I'm getting back into GameMaker and stuff like this makes me want to move forward with my decision.

W

Widget

Thanks for sharing this. I'm getting back into GameMaker and stuff like this makes me want to move forward with my decision.
That's good! Happy I and the others on the video managed to inspire someone like that. :J